1 | crashlanding

—COLD.

The air felt cold on the boggy swamp of dagobah as the imperial cruiser slowly sank into the murky, muddy water. Amphibious creatures croaked and shrieked while the fowl of the trees circled the area looking for the fresh kill. A body slumped over the front where the window once was, the top half of the torso exposed and glass cutting into the stomach. Dark locks of hair covered the scarred face of the female survivor and the damaged black and silver armor glinted in the dim sunlight which shined through the vines and canopy. Blood dripped from the woman's face and mixed with the water on the ship, scarlet swirling with green algae and into the dark murky waters beneath.

Another screech from above broke the silence and startled the survivor, eyes opening to look around the new surroundings and where the cruiser had crashed. Struggling a little to sit up, she groaned and clutched the wound where the glass cut into the damaged armor. Lightsaber scorch marks ran up her chest and burns screamed at her as glass pieces got into them. The memory of the Jedi's saber injuring her was still fresh in her mind.

"R2, you awake?" The woman asked hoarsely and painfully turned to see the black and blue droid. A light flickered in response and its head spun to face her.

"Beeop!"

The Imperial droid whirred to life for a moment before powering down for good this time. The survivor groaned again, but this time in hopelessness. Without the droid, she couldn't identify her coordinates or where the cruiser crashed or if the Empire was really gone and defeated. The fear of being found was enough to make the adrenaline rush through the woman's body and quicken her breathing

Easing herself out of the ship, the woman stood up on the top of it, but she slipped and fell into the muddy water. She quickly scrambled to get out of it when she caught sight of a large serpent creature swimming toward her menacingly. Her hand went to the double-sided lightsaber strapped to her hip, the woman removing it from her belt and igniting it. The red beam of light hummed as she swung it at the creature, the fangs of the serpent sinking into her arm. A cry of pain came from her before she plunged the red blade into its head with her free hand, the serpent immediately going limp and loosening its grip on her arm.

The Dark Side of the Force ebbed its way back into her mind as she glared at the serpent. She could feel her anger and frustration rising up as she stared at the red saber she held in her hand. This weapon was a symbol of hate and being a traitor to her family. It was a death sentence if anyone found out her identity.

It was a reminder that she became the eldest sibling her brother and sister would come to hate. Well, maybe not so much her brother, but her sister made it clear she wanted nothing to do with her.

Without much thought on where to go no, the survivor used the Force to get any provisions from the cruiser before it completely sank beneath the algae-covered surface of the water then began her journey of finding shelter.

~*~

Luke stared at the woman in front of him in shock as he held up his lightsaber. The woman before him cleared her face of emotion, but he could see the guilt ridden look in her eyes as she gazed at him. Palpatine's lips tilted upward in a twisted grin as his golden eyes stared at the three before him.

The blond couldn't believe what was told to him nor could he comprehend what was said. Darth Axcia was his sister. She was Leia's sister. She was the eldest and she knew their father before he became Darth Vader.

"You're my..." he couldn't find his voice as he stared at her.

"Yes, brother, I am." She spoke, her voice stiff. "And I'm afraid I have to kill you or you have to kill me."