I Bake Cookies With The Daughter Of Ares

"Clari!" (Y/n) yelled as he jumped off of his cabin and onto the shoulders of the girl who was passing by. "Did you miss me?! Did you? Did You?!" The boy asked excitedly as the girl just sighed. "You did!"

"No I didn't" Clarisse replied sounding annoyed. "Why would anyone ever miss you?!"

"Uhm... because I wasn't around for a while?" (Y/n) didn't pick up on her sarcasm. "I was being a ghostbuster with Calypso, Nico, and Hazel"

"You should go do that again now" Clarisse suggested as she glared up at the boy sitting on her shoulders.

"No, no. Hazel and Nico had to go back to camp Jupiter for a while" (y/n) said as he booped Clarisse's nose. "So I'm here to play with you!" The boy said excitedly as little rainbows shot out of his fingertips.

"Gods damn it" Clarisse muttered before sighing. "Just leave me alone (y/n)!"

"You don't really want that"(y/n) smiled down at Clarisse. "Come on, let's have some fun"

"No! Go away!" Clarisse said as she grabbed the boy pulled him off of her shoulder and then put him back on the ground.

Clarisse walked away and (y/n) followed closely after her. "Come on! Have some fun" (y/n) exclaimed as he quickly wrapped his arms around Clarisses left arm.

"Just leave me alone (y/n)" Clarisse glared at the boy but he just smiled back.

"Please?" (Y/n) asked as he smiled up at her. Clarisse sighed before nodding her head.

"Fine, but if you don't leave me alone for a while afterwards then I'll kick your ass" Clarisse threatened as she glared at the boy.

"Yay!" The boy yelled as he quickly hugged the girl tightly. "Thank you!"

Clarisse suppressed a smile, she wasn't willing to accept any positive feelings towards the boy. "Let go of me" she demanded. The boy pouted but let go of her.

"So what should we do?" (Y/n) asked excitedly as he looked up at the tall girl.

"I don't care" Clarisse rolled her eyes.

"Ooh! Let's sing something together!" (Y/n) suggested with a smile.

"Hell no" Clarisse growled.

"Please?" (Y/n) asked with a smile.

Clarisse sighed. A few years ago she would have killed this kid by now but recently she'd been getting better. "Fine. But not out in the open. Somewhere where nobody will ever know"

Soon enough the two were in the kitchen of the Iris cabin. "Let's bake cookies while we sing!" The boy quickly took out all the ingredients for the cookies. "I'll start!"

"What are we singi-" Clarisse was cut off as the boy started singing.

"Some say, Love. It is a river. That drowns the tender reed" (y/n) started as Clarissa cracked some eggs. "Some say, Love. It is a razor. That leaves your soul to bleed" Clarisse smiled as she poured a bunch of ingredients into the bowl. "Some say, Love. It is a hunger. An endless aching need. I say, Love. It is a flower. And you its only seed"

This was when Clarisse joined in as she stirred the ingredients. "It's the heart afraid of breaking. That never learns to dance" the two sang a beautiful harmony, better than even the god Apollo could sing.

"It's the dream afraid of waking. That never takes the chance. It's the one who won't be taken. Who cannot seem to give" (y/n) threw a few more ingredients into the bowl as Clarisse continued to stir and the two sang.

"And the soul afraid of dyin'. That never learns to live" The two voices continued the beautiful singing as (y/n)'s hand slipped into the girls. She didn't pull away as he had been expecting.

"When the night has been too lonely. And the road has been too long. And you think that love is only. For the lucky and the strong" their harmony ended there. Clarisse closed her mouth with a smile as (y/n) continued.

"Just remember in the winter. Far beneath the bitter snow" (y/n)'s voice became a bit quieter and gentler. "Lies the seed that with the sun's love. In the spring becomes the rose" (y/n) stretched the last word before going silent. The pair stood in a happy silence for a couple of minutes after that as they continued with the cookies.

"You have a beautiful singing voice" Clarisse smiled lightly at the boy as she put the cookies in the oven.

"Thanks Clari. But it's nothing compared to yours" the girl blushed a bit at this and turned her head away from the boy.

They stood in silence for another while. Clarisse was having much more fun than she had ever expected to have with this boy, not that she'd ever admit that to him.

Half an hour later (y/n) pulled the tray of cookies out of the oven. He was about to snag one off the tray before Clarisse grabbed the tray from him. "Let them cool off" (y/n) pouted but nodded reluctantly.

As soon as they were cool enough Clarisse moved the cookies from a tray to a plastic container. She took one and bit into it. "Try one" she offered the container to the boy.

(Y/n) smiled at the girl before taking a cookie from the container. "Yummy" the boy smiled even wider as he ate the rest of the cookie quicker. "Let's go share these with the others!"

"Why? We could just keep them for ourselves" Clarisse popped another of the cookies into her mouth.

"I want the others to know how good our baking is!" (Y/n) said excitedly.

A few minutes later (y/n) stood with Clarisse at his side. "Try one!" He held the container of cookies out to Piper, Hazel, and Percy.

"Clarisse la rue... made cookies?" Percy asked as he tried to suppress a laugh. Clarisse glared at him angrily. Percy took one of the cookies and popped it into his mouth. "What's in these?"

"The blood of our enemies!" (Y/n) said evilly. Percy, Hazel, and Piper looked at the boy wide eyed as Clarisse burst out into laughter.

Word count: 1037