Sweatshirt

(You know how they say even straight men are a little gay? Well for me that little gayness comes out with Nico di Angelo)

"I-" Nico di Angelo looked at his friend with confusion as he tried to figure out what was happening. "Are you wearing hazels sweatshirt?"

(Y/n) looked down at the purple SPQR Camp Jupiter sweatshirt that he had somehow managed to fit into. "Don't like it?" He frowned before looking up at Nico.

"I-" Nico shook his head. "You're multiple sizes to big for it but somehow it works. Did you break into the Hades cabin and steal it" the only answer Nico got was silence. "Why?"

"I missed her" (y/n) frowned. "Besides we're dating now. I'm sure she'd be okay with it" Nico's head took to long to process the new information.

"Dating?" Nico asked with wide eyes. He should have seen this coming. He got right up in (y/n)'s face before saying his next words. "I know this goes without saying but if you break her heart I'll rip you to pieces and bury your spirit under my dads palace"

(Y/n) couldn't help the smile that came from hearing Nico's words. "Will's a lucky guy" he smiled before leaning forward and kissing Nico's cheek. Nico quickly backed up as the biggest blush of his life took over his face. (y/n) giggled as Nico quickly turned his head to try and hide the blush. "I'd never hurt Hazel or you. Promise!"

"Uh- I-" Nico just gave up. He quickly just walked away without looking back at (y/n). (Y/n) just giggled more as he saw the effect he had on the boy.

"(Y/n)? Why is Nico bright red? He looks like he has a sunburn" The boy quickly turned to come face to face with those fourteen-karat gold eyes that he knew could only ever belong to Hazel. She quickly noticed the sweatshirt and gained an even more confused look. "How did you fit in that?"

"First answer: I kissed his cheek. Second answer: I may have stretched it out a bit to much" Hazel gained a slightly annoyed look but that went away as quickly as it had came.

"Why did you kiss my brothers cheek?" Hazel asked, apparently deciding that the kiss was more important than her stretched out sweatshirt.

"He's just to cute!" (y/n) smiled as he turned in the direction Nico had walked off in but no longer saw him. "And I wanted to make him stop threatening me"

"Oh" Hazel nodded as she finally understood what was happening. "You told him" it wasn't a question.

"I told him" (y/n) nodded with a shiver. "He can be scary when he's being protective"

"Yes. Yes he can" Hazel quickly lifted her arm and ruffled the boys hair. "He likes you though. You'll be fine" Hazel glanced around to confirm nobody was looking before quickly standing on her tip toes and kissing the boy almost quicker than he could perceive it. He still smiled widely at the fact that it happened.

"Am I ever going to get that sweatshirt back sweetheart?" Hazel asked after a moment of silence.

(Y/n) considered her question for a moment. "Yes. But only when it stops smelling like you. Then I'll let you wear it and take it back again once it smells like you again"

Hazel's breath got caught in her lungs as she tried to figure out whether or not to be freaked out by what he just said. By our standards it wasn't the weirdest thing to say but for thirties gals? Pretty weird. "Um... okay?"

(Y/n) just smiled. "Could you ask him to stop threatening me?" He brought the old topic back up. "I mean it's cute but I want my friend acting friendly"

Hazel just ran her hand through his hair again. "You'll be okay Marshmallow"

(Y/n) gained a confused look. "Because I'm soft and easily ripped to shreds by your brother?"

Hazel blinked uneasily. "I mean... yeah. But if it makes you feel better, I also said it because you're white" (if you're not white ignore this. I just liked this line to much not to use it and my first and foremost priority is my own enjoyment of this book)

"Oh" (y/n) nodded slowly as his confused look went away. "Alright! Marshmallow. I like it!" Hazel smiled widely as she heard that. "I'll be sure to come up with something equally as appropriate"

Hazel shook her head. "I look forward to it... just make sure it's not racist" (y/n) nodded in agreement before the two linked arms and walked towards the Hades cabin.

Word count: 818

(Wrote this very late at night after barely any sleep. Also they just announced a new Percy Jackson book! The same day I started reading Trials Of Apollo!)