Like An Old Married Couple

"I like this new chair" Hazel smiled as she wiggled around a bit in the big blue recliner. She picked up a magazine and flipped it open.

"Well people keep coming over so I figured I should get some better furniture for the cabin" (y/n) didn't look up from his book as he sat on his new couch.

"This is actually kinda nice. You reading, me reading. We're like an old married couple" Hazel smiled as she skimmed the words of the boring article.

(Y/n) looked up and glanced at Hazel. "If we were an old married couple, the wife would serve iced tea and snickerdoodles" he looked at her expectantly.

Hazel looked back at him and closed her eyes as she responded. "I don't have iced tea and snickerdoodles"

(Y/n) sighed before looking back down at his book. "A good wife would go to the store" he flipped the page since he was now done reading it.

Hazel looked back down at her magazine and flipped the page in search of a good picture. "I want a divorce"

"Good" (y/n) responded without looking up. "On the way to see the lawyer pick up some tea and cookies" the two slowly turned to each other after that before each giggled happily.

They then turned back to their respective choices of reading.

After another minute Hazel glanced back up at (y/n). "This is the longest I've seen you sit still"

"This is the first time you've seen me on my meds" (y/n) replied with a shrug. He didn't look up from his book.

Hazels face scrunched up. "I thought you liked how you naturally are?"

"I do" (y/n) replied with a nod. "And I hate me with meds" before Hazel could ask her next question he answered it. "But I also like reading and I can't do that with how I normally am"

"Well I don't like reading" Hazel huffed as she put her magazine down. "All the words fly off the page and rearrange themselves in weird orders"

"Yeah. I'm glad I didn't get dyslexia" he flipped to the next page and found he had just finished the chapter. He put his bookmark in the book before placing it on the coffee table. He finally looked up at Hazel. "The meds should be wearing off soon. So you won't have to deal with me being all boring for to long"

"Oh hush. I like you, boring or fun" she hit the boys shoulder playfully. "But maybe I like you a bit more when you're fun"

(Y/n) smiled as he glanced down at his hands. Suddenly like a switch flipped in his mind he jumped out of his seat and pulled Hazel into a hug. "Meds wore off. I like you too"

Hazel laughed as she hugged him back. "I don't think meds work like that" the boy didn't pay attention to those words. "This is a long hug"

"Do you want me to let go?" (Y/n) asked, pretty sure he knew the answer. He glanced up at Hazel just in time to see her shake her head. "Good. Now, back to the topic of old married couples"

Hazel raised an eyebrow. "What could you possibly have to say that has to do with old married couples?"

"Well you're old" (y/n) started off causing Hazel to look even more confused with where he was taking this. "And we're not married but I do want to know if you want to be a couple"

"Wait what?" Hazel asked as her eyes widened in shock. They had both obviously liked each other but she hadn't expected this.

"Well you weren't going to ask me so I figured I'd ask you" (y/n) replied as he pulled away from the hug but stayed sitting on, and crushing, Hazels lap. It was starting to get uncomfortable for her.

"I-" Hazel took a second. "Yeah I do... want to be a couple with you I mean" she smiled widely as the boy did the same. She leaned a bit closer before pulling the boy into a kiss on the lips.

The two stayed like that for a moment before separating. "Huh" (y/n) smiled as he glanced down at Hazels lips. "Never done that before. I like it"

Hazel giggled a bit at his reaction. "I liked it too" she leaned forward again and pulled the boy into another kiss.

Word count: 755

(QOTD: have you been in a relationship before?)