18 - Dream House

It had been 4 days since that night.

The family dynamic was back to normal.

Bruce had given the same 'headache' excuse for the next two days, then probably giving up on the operation and going back to W.E. Dick, Tim and all the Wayne's had presumably given up from the lack of leads, going back to usual.

They must have realized the 'hacker' was telling the truth after realizing that it had been days, and there still wasn't any news of their identities being leaked. I had a suspicion they weren't completely sure, but this was okay.

Breakfast was eaten in silence this morning, without the lame jokes of Dick, who'd stayed in Bludhaven with his family; he was coming back this afternoon. Damian had left for school early.

The brunette gave his father a nonsense excuse, which Bruce believed, thinking Damian was going to patrol, but some feeling in my gut told me that wasn't true. Well- whatever. It wasn't any of my business.

"Bruce." I spoke.

The said Wayne looked up from his breakfast, making eye contact with me. "Me and the others are going to visit our house site today." I say, smiling. It was fun to stay with the Wayne's but I knew we need to get out of there sooner or later.

I chose 'sooner'.

"Oh, has it been finalized already?" Bruce asked in curiosity. I had told him I had bought a house here in Gotham, and that only the finishing touches were to be done. The workers here were very diligent.

Or they were scared of the Batman who showed up.

Yeah, that's right. Once I told Bruce about this, he visited the house site as Batman, scaring the shit out of the workers there. We barely managed to convince them they saw wrong because of the rain that day.

"Of course, there wasn't much to change." I let out. Jason let out a whine, clinging to my arm. "Pixie, do you need to go? You can stay here forever." he said, making Selena clear her throat loudly.

"No. I can't stay, Jase." I let out, smiling at him apologetically. "You and I both know that isn't going to go well." I say. "It might-" Jason started, before I gave him a look and he cut himself off. "It's okay." he says, understanding.

"Anyway, kids." Bruce called out, catching all attention. "Please be back before 6 pm. Gotham isn't as safe as Paris." he warned. Alya and Adrien let out an 'Okay' while Chloe argued that we can take care of ourselves.

Jason silently pulled out his keys, to which I shook my head. "Our cars are being shipped today. We'll take a cab." I say, to which Jason argued that he could drive us there, to which Chloe complained that he was being an annoying older brother.

Jason took huge offense to that.

And then he put on his sunglasses to look 'cool'.

.......

The taxi zoomed away, leaving us in the dust.

"Here we are!" I said, waving dramatically at the mansion in front of us, as Luka chuckled. Alya stared open-mouthed as Chloe boasted about how she'd lived in bigger houses when she traveled with her 'Daddy.'

Her old habit hadn't really gone away.

Luka and I were the only ones who'd visited the site before, but Adrien looked amazed. He looked like a kid. I walk to the gate, which scanned my eye and letting me in. The gates swung open, as the others hadn't moved an inch.

"You're telling me this is our house?" Nino gasps at the lights all over the place. I looked over at Luka for an explanation about the switched on lights, to which he shrugged. We must have forgotten to switch it off. Or it was automatic.