17|merry christmas

this chapter takes place during christmas, a few days before the previous chapter of this book.

p/n=pronouns
***

the smell of hazelnut and pancakes filled your nose and the soft sound of christmas music. you sat up, rubbing your eyes and looking out the window. snow covered the ground, and even more fell.

looking over to your calendar, the 25th was marked off. today was christmas day.

you walked into the kitchen where armin was doing final touches on breakfast and the few gifts under the tree. it was only the two of you, so there only about 4 for both. they were under a tree just about to touch your ceiling.

armin heard you walk in, "y/n!" he walked over, kissing you. "merry christmas, i made pancakes with these red and green sprinkles in them."

"smells so good, did you make the smoothies yet?"

"nope, i left that for you to do. the blenders confusing to me.." armin looked away, embarrassed.

"are you kidding?! come here, let me show you how to use it."

**
after you finished breakfast, armin quickly put away the plates.

"okay! we're opening these now." he pulled you over to the tree, and you sat down. stellar climbed onto your lap.

"you're going first." you pushed his gifts towards him, and he pushed yours towards you.

"no, come on! you go." he tried to hide how excited he actually was.

you smiled, "armin, i know you want to go first."

"okay! i'll go."

he began to unwrap his gift, inside was a pair of shoes armin's been wanting. "oh shit, i've been wanting these for so long!"  he kissed you "thank you,"

"your first one." armin handed you a gift with your name on it.

it was a box of different perfumes and colognes, different sets and colors.

"these smell so good! i saw these when i went to the store."

"can't wait to use them too." armin said, laughing.

you exchanged the rest of your gifts, armin giving you some clothes, self care things, and something else special. you gave him some new sweatshirts, an expensive cologne, and another pair of expensive shoes.

"your last one, i spent half my savings on."  armin handed you a gift that was smaller than the others.

"now i feel bad."

"open it,"

you unwrapped the gift. it was a tiny white box, like a ring box. "armin-"

"open it."

you opened up the box, and inside was a silver ring, and it had your initials engraved in it.

armin watched you slip the ring onto your finger, "it's a promise ring. shows commitment, not marriage. so, don't freak out. i have one for myself, we both have one."

you held up your hand, looking at the ring. it was beautiful, actually.

"i can take it back if you're not ready, y/n-"

you cut armin off by hugging him, kissing him. "i love it, thank you."

he smiled to himself, hugging you tightly back "merry christmas."

"many more to spend with you." you whispered, feeling armin nodding in agreement.

***