25|whole heart

p/n=pronouns
***

you and armin were too caught up in conversation over breakfast at a restaurant, laughing and armin throwing up straw wrappers at you.

armin was signing the check, when he looked up at you like he just remembered something.

"y/n,"

you looked up from your phone, "hm?"

"did you have anything to do today? anything important?"

"uhhh.... shit, my interview!"

you both jumped up and grabbed your coats, running to the car.

you applied for a front desk job at an office a few weeks ago, but the time you spent with armin must've made you forget until now.

"the office isn't too far from here i think, just speed up a little!"

armin started driving a little faster than you meant, he was determined to make sure you made the interview on time.

pulling up to the building, you and armin both ran over to where the interview was supposed to take place.

"okay! it's...1:24. i'm not too late at least." you said, trying to catch your breath before walking in.

"you'll be fine! just say there was traffic or something!"

"do i look good?" you asked armin, smoothing out any wrinkles that may be in your clothes.

"always. good luck!" he kissed you giving you a slight push towards the door.

you made it inside, and the office wasn't that busy. the person would was supposed to be interviewing you stood by a door looking at his watch. glasses at the tip of his nose, blonde hair, and a pretty grown-out beard.

"are you y/n l/n?" he asked.

"yes! sorry i'm late, so much traffic! i'm assuming you're zeke yeager?"

zeke nodded, opening the door that led to another smaller office. "follow me."

you followed him and took a seat in one of the two seats in front of the big wooden desk, which had windows that stretched across the whole wall behind it. the windows gave a good view of where armin's car was parked, and zeke sat with his back facing the window.

he cleared his throat, "we can get started,"

you nodded, then looked back up at the window because of something that caught your attention.

armin waved at you from the window, giving you a thumbs up too.

trying to hold back a laugh, you looked away, covering your mouth with the back of your hand.

"is everything okay?" zeke asked, looking up from shuffling papers.

"yeah! yeah...i'm fine."

armin smiled at the sight, he watched you talk to the interviewer with that one smile on your face. even thought what you were saying was inaudible, he could tell that you were making jokes here and there.

he wanted to just stand and watch for support, but it would kinda strange to other people seeing armin look into the office windows.

you were a big part of armin's heart, if not his whole heart.

**

you walked out of the interview, sighing in relief. armin was waiting in the car with two cups in the cupholder.

"hey! how was it?" armin kissed you as you sat down in the passenger seat of the car, passing you a drink he bought for you.

"it was good! i think i did good, the interviewer at least looked like he thought i was good. he said he'll give me a call back, which i hope he actually does...but i'm also nervous because what if i actually-"

"y/n,"

"hm?"

"i'm sure you did good. i bet that guy is calling you back right now."

you nodded, smiling to yourself. armin's words of reassurance was something you needed after worrying whether or not you were doing the right thing.

what would you do without him?

armin was a big part of your heart, if not your whole heart.

***

ended up testing negative for covid yay!