Just Like Old Times

Loki POV

We don't speak much for the rest of the drive over to the compound because we are both just thinking and worrying, even though we never let go of each other's hands. We know what each of us is thinking without the need for communication.

By the time we get to the compound, Tony's car is in the garage and we see everyone in a big room with a weird machine, "There you guys are!" Scott yells as the whole group comes over to great Y/N and I happily.

They all sober up a bit when they see Y/N and I's red and anxious eyes as we are holding each other's hands. We two are tough shells to crack so you know shit is real if we are crying.

We see Clint standing with Nat for the first time in 5 years. Y/N runs over to him and gives him a hug, "I missed you."

"I missed you to hothead," He tells Y/N.

Y/N speed walks over to Steve and he gives her a big hug. Steve always was like a big brother to her, "We'll get them back," He tells her.

Tony walks over to me and surprisingly gives me a hug, "I'm guessing you dropped the kids off with Pep?"

"Ya, they are having a sleepover with Morgan and Pepper for the next couple of nights," I tell him trying to not let my eyes tear up anymore.

Thor comes over and gives me a brotherly hug as well which honestly felt comforting.

"Alright, let's get everyone back!" Steve yells.

Y/N POV

Two hours later everyone is sitting in the living room looking at a white board filled with mathematical equations and the best times to go back and get the times stones. 

After we call it a day, a bunch of us decide to go down to the training room and have some fun like we used to. Everyone warms up before we square up for a elimination competition. Thor, Loki, Steve, Clint, Nat and myself all run around the track to see who can go the longest.

After a dozen laps I talk with Loki as we run, "I remember last time we did a run like this we had a very memorable experinece at the end." he says a little out of breathe.

"That we did, good thing our realationship has long ago been out in the open. Remember those fan pages!" I laugh.

"How could I forget."

After Clint and Nat drop, Steve follows leaving the three Asgardians. Thor has to stop next which means Lokia nd I are the last two.

I look at Loki and we both chuckle remembeirng last times results, "Race ya!" we say together before sprinting the final 400m. 

When we reach the finish line we both slow down and sit on the ground.

"Nice to see some things never change!" Clint chuckles at us.

Steve walks over as well, "This is deja vu," We all laugh remembering last time when Bucky walked in on Loki and I cuddling not he gym floor after a race and started to beat the shit out of him, "Anyways we are going to start some dinner prep, food will be up in 45."

"God I missed having everyone around," I mumble into Loki's shoulder as I roll onto his chest one everyone is gone, "Is it bad that I already miss the kids?"

Loki laughs at my comment, "If it is bad, then I am in the same boat. I just hope we will be able to pull this off."

We spend the whole night trying to figure out the best spots in the timeline to get the stones.

"Wait, you guys if you pick the right year 3 stones were in New York." Nat says.

As everyone sits down for the last dinner that we may all have together we clear up a few final preparations before tomorrow. "So everyone has their teams and their stone mission right?" Steve asks as we all nod our heads.

"Well in that case let's eat some food, because we can't kick ass on an empty stomach," I say as I grab a plate full of chilli and salad.

During dinner we just talk about our favourite memories form the past years. When we are finished eating Loki and I offer to do the dishes while we face time our kids. Harriet wanders the phone, "Hi mom and dad!"

"Is that mom and dad?!" Caden yells as he runs into view of the screen.

"Hey guys! How was today?" I ask.

"It was sooo fun; Morgan, Pepper, Caden and me baked cookies and then went swimming in the lake!" Harriet says.

"Then after we found a whole bookshelf that we got to read from!" Caden exclaims.

"Ooh what books are we talking about? Classic literature or modern contemporary?" Loki inquires.

"A bit of both." Both kids say together, "Any news on when you will be home from your mission?" Caden asks.

"Not yet buddy, hopefully in less than a week." I tell him.

Harriet tells me and Loki, "We miss you."

I look over at Loki as we say to both of the kids, "We miss you kids too."

"We need to get ready for bed because we have a big day tomorrow. We will try to talk to you soon. We love you guys!" Loki says to them.

"By we love you too!" Both kids wave at us through the camera as we hang up and dry our hands from the dishes.

As Loki and I head upstairs to go to bed I see Steves door is cracked open. I walk in and sit beside him on his bed, "This is gonna work." I say as I put my head on his shoulder.

"I hope so," He sighs.

"All we can do right now is go to bed, because that is how we will perform the best tomorrow. So get some sleep." He nods quietly as I leave the room.

Loki comes out of Thors room, clearly having given hime a familiar pep talk. 

The next morning we run our first, and most likely only test run. Clint volunteers to try to jump back in time. We all anxiously wait as the machine winds up around the platform in which Clint stands. 

"Approaching jump in three, two one!" Bruce yells behind a panel of electronics.

Clint disappears, "Re-approaching jump in three, two, one!"

On the platform Clint re-appears in a crouched position codling a baseball glove that must have been form one of his kids. Nat runs up to him and helps calm him down.

After a moment Clint speaks up, "It worked."

We look around at each other shocked, "Well shit!"

Everyone is in a large circle on the platform feeling pumped up after Steves bug speech. I make sure to give everyone a hug and have a small talk with them before we suit up so I feel confident with where I stand. I am beside Steve and Loki, who has Thor on his other side. Before the machine starts running I quickly take Loki in a final hug and give him a loving kiss.

"I don't like that we are getting separated," Loki complains as our foreheads are touching.

"I did just fine before you came along. It will be alright. Like Tony or Steve would let anything happen to me," I jock trying to ease his worry, "I will be fine. Just like you correct?"

Loki looks into my eyes, "I'll try."

"You mean you will." I urge.

"Alright love birds, time to get everyone back!" Tony shouts, making me blush.

"Approaching jump in 3," Bruce counts down, "2," I look around at everyone.

"See you in a minute," Nat laughs as she winks at Bruce making him almost choke before she looks at me and laughs, I giggle back.

"1!" And with that, we are pulled into the quantum realm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story is starting to pick up! Thanks for all the reads <3