Back To The Future

Y/N POV

I land in New York with my team before we split up into three groups. Bruce goes to find the time stone with Rocket the raccoon, who had grown on me over the years. I go with Steve as we go to find Loki's scepter. Tony and Scott head out to find the tesseract. Thor and Loki are in Asgard; Rhodey and Nebula are getting the power stone while Clint and Nat are finding the soul stone.

"Let's go Steve," I say as we start going towards the tower.

"Remember, you have not really been introduced to anyone we are about to see meaning you just try to not be noticed," He lectures me with his big brother tone.

"Yes Captain," I respond, "While you just need to try to be like the old Cap."

"What do you mean old Cap?" He asks.

"Oh nothing," I sigh knowing I got to him with my teasing.

"What old Cap?" He asks again with an insecure voice, not a very common sight.

"I'm just kidding bro, it is too easy to get under your skin. Well for me at least." I say with a flick of my hair as I head to my position ready to grab the briefcase if all goes wrong. I hop into the elevator on the floor prior to Steve and the secret Hydra members. They all get on as I try to stay unrecognizable in the back corner with a hat pulled over my head, Scott's idea.

"Before I get this started," Steve asks, "Would anyone like to get off?"

With that Strucker tries to uppercut Steve but I grab his hand and twist him in a full spin before slamming him into the ground. Steve and I go back and forth fighting off the guys until they all crash to the floor, "Well that was easy," I mumble as I assess Steve for any injuries and he does ht same to me.

"You could say that," He says as we slow down on a bridge, seeing an all too familiar face. The one person that would recognize me from before the war of course has to be here. I sprint to hide behind a bush.

"I have eyes on Loki," I hear past Steve say.

"I don't want to fight you," Future Steve tells him.

Sounds of two shields clashing are the next thing I hear. I peek out from my bush to see them fighting until they both pummel through the glass railing and crash down to the ground. I rush over to the railing and see them still fighting, I jump onto a tree branch that is hanging above the floor. As I drop to the ground level past Steve has future Steve in a lock hold.

I know that past Steve won't let up so I run into his sight, when he sees me he freezes, "Y/N?"

Future Steve knocks out past Steve before taking a look at past Steve's ass, "That is America's ass," he mumbles as I laugh.

Us two grab the briefcase and run out into an empty alley. As we march over to the meet-up point, 6 Chitauri corner us. Great.

Steve takes 3 and I take 3, I use my telekinetic powers to smash two against the wall killing one and knocking out the other. I take out my favorite combat knife as I square up with the remaining opponent.

The Chitauri tries to hit my shoulder but I deflected it and smash him to the ground, pinning him with my foot. I look up and see Steve struggling with one so I throw two of my knives across the alley, hitting two enemies square in their chests.

Before I can bring my attention back to the Chitauri at my foot they grab my leg and slam me into the wall, I see black spots dancing but I use my powers to kill the opponent before they can advance on me. Steve is just finishing up with his three so I shakily stand up and try to clear my head. When I can see straight I run over to him and hold down the last Chitauri as he kills them.

"Thanks for the help," Steve tells me.

I smile at him as I re-adjust my ponytail, "Ya, no worries. Now let's get over to the rest of the te-"

The next thing I know I see a small metal tip pointing out of my right rib cage.

Steve kills the Chitauri within a heartbeat before helping me onto the ground, "Guess I'm still a little rusty," I joke before I start coughing and having a metallic taste stuck in my mouth.

"Shit," Steve says with worry in his face, "We have to get you over to the meet-up point, now!" He lifts me up, careful to not move the knife in my back until he remembers, "Wait, you can jump on your own. We were so worried about doing everything in pairs but you have to get back to the compound now."

I manage to whisper mixed in a cough, "We agreed to stick together, I can't leave you here. What if something goes wrong."

"I will be with the group in just a few blocks, trust me. You have to jump, do it for you're kids and Loki." He says.

"Fine," I cough.

Steve plugs the coordinates into my armband before he sets me on the ground, "Can you stand?"

I can't really but I nod my head anyway as I lean against the brick wall.

"Ok, I will see you back at the compound in just a minute," Steve tells me as he kisses my head.

He hits the button on my arm and I am then dragged through the quantum realm before I am back on stable ground. I look around, to make sure everyone is alright but my eyes are super blurry from the hit to the wall. However, I do manage to see a missing spot.

Even though my assessment took me one second I am then being eased to the ground by Steve, "Thank god," I exhale knowing he is alright.

"Hey, hey, hey. You're alright," He says with teary eyes.

Tony, Scott, Thor, and Loki rush over to me. Loki collapses onto his knees at the sight of me, "Remember to look after the kids," I cough out.

"Just don't!" He whispers with worry, "Don't, remember you promised you'll be ok so you will."

Steve lifts me up and carries me to the medical wing, "Ok Y/N we are going to have to pull the knife out," Tony says with teary eyes, why isn't Bruce here? He is the medic after all.

Some of the team members see me begin to ask where Bruce is but they pull the knife out before I can speak, aside from screaming bloody murder. Tears roll out of my eyes in pain. Now that the knife is out of my side I can lie down on the gurney properly.

I am seeing a lot of black spots at this point, "Darling, you can rest now," Loki tells me. Before I pass out I feel him take my hand.

I hear a line of electronic noises. As I try to cover my eyes with my hand, I feel that someone has my hand in theirs. I force my eyes to open and I see Loki, Steve, Thor, and Tony in the room. Tony is checking some monitors while the other three are asleep. I try to move my hand that is not in Loki's but I gasp in pain as I feel a sting in my right side.

The guys jump awake but my side still hurts. Loki hurriedly sits up and moves some of my hair away from my face. I slow down to think about what happened when I came back to the platform from New York. Everything blurs but I do remember seeing an empty spot on the platform, "Is everyone ok?" I ask.

No one meets my eyes, "Let me make this clear," I say with my intimidating voice, "I will only ask one more time before I force my way out of this room to check for myself. Is everyone ok?"

"Nat," Steve chocks out.

Oh, God.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is only going to get worse :(