Part Twenty-One: Step One-Teresa

"Where are they?" I asked impatiently as I sat with my dad, waiting for Gally and Thomas to return with Teresa. It had been an entire day since I told the boys about me having the Flare and they were constantly keeping an eye on me. Now that Thomas was gone, it was just Newt and anytime I caught him staring at me I would stare back until he looked away. It worked every time.

The plan had been laid out for us and we had gone over it many times, but I was still anxious. First, we were going to take Teresa and force her to help us get inside. From what I heard, there were sensors everywhere and security locks that could only be accessed via thumbprint ID, which Teresa had. The boys all had chips in their necks which made getting through the sensors more difficult. That was also something Teresa was also going to help us with.

Once we got that situated, me, Gally, Newt, and Thomas were going to dress head to toe in WICKED soldier uniform, provided by Lawrence, so we could get inside undetected. Thomas was going to come in through the front with Teresa, Newt through the side, and me and Gally from the lower level.

Then, Brenda was to steal one of the public busses that were put up before the city's curfew. She was going to wait in the bus in the garage of the building so that when we rescued Minho and the rest of the Immunes, we could get out of there.

Fry's job was to get into one of the construction cranes so that he could access the control panels. When WICKED finds out we've stolen their precious Immunes, which they will, we're gonna need an out. That's were Fry comes in, so that when we got to the marked area of the road, he could lower the wire for the bus and lift us out of the city.

It was reckless, but overall a good plan. The thing that disturbed me was that nothing goes the way we plan, ever. I took a deep breath though, trying to stay as positive as I possibly could.

"Have a little patience." My father told me, oblivious to the fact that my patience was being taken from me by the hour. I couldn't tell him I had the Flare, how could I? And Brenda, she couldn't know either, well, I didn't want her to know but I knew she was going to figure it out.

"She's right though, they've been gone a long time." Fry brought up but my dad seemed confident that it was all going well. I wish I had his confidence. Not that I didn't think this would work, but like I said, I was skeptical.

Then I heard the banging of a closing door and the echoing footsteps of three people. Newt jumped up from his seat, making his way over to Thomas as he and Gally lead a hooded girl through the room. Newt took hold of Teresa so that Thomas and Gally could take a seat.

I didn't think about how angry I would be when I finally would face the girl again. This was the girl who ruined everything, who destroyed the Right Arm and stole Minho and countless Immunes.

Newt forced the girl to sit in a chair that faced all of us. Brenda was playing with a set of cards, not even bothering to look in her direction. I walked up so that I was standing beside Gally, whom of which was going to be the one conducting the interrogation. Fry and Thomas were sitting next to each other now and I couldn't help but feel guilty for the brunette, knowing none of this was going to be easy for him.

Newt ripped off the pillow case covering her head and she stared up at him. Teresa looked at him, and you could tell that she still had the slightest little bitter attitude towards him. Then she looked over to the rest of us, her eyes widening when she landed on Gally.

"Gally?!" She exclaimed clearly shocked to see the boy alive, which wasn't surprising seen as I got to hear the story of what happened to him in the Glade. How Minho had sent a spear through his chest. Frankly, I wondered how he survived myself, but that was the least of our concerns at the moment.