Leaving

Painting was the one thing Selena could count on not changing, a constant of back pain and details so tiny the human eye misses them. It was the one thing she's had for years, before soccer and the pack. It's been there and yet now it was no where to be found. Sighing she put down her paint brush in frustration, looking around for something else to help take away her anxious energy. She found nothing and so she decided to go for a run.

Stripping behind her house wasn't something new for her, tossing clothes onto her back porch she took a deep breaks shifted to her wolf form. It was less painful then on a full moon when it was a forced thing. Once she was fully shifted she took off into the lush forest.

Running she was headed no where in particular just wanting to run. She yipped as she gained speed feeling the breeze in her fur. Sliding to stop she was faced with Rosalie Hale who was draining a deer. Once she was done she looked at Selena and waved. Selena barked at her before dashing off wanting to see if she would take the invitation.

She heard Rosalie following and barked again before speeding up. Rosalie followed her the whole back to her house where Selena ran inside before changing back and putting on clothes.

"How are you?" She asks Rosalie opening her back door and inviting her inside.

"I'm good." Rosalie responds coming into the house. "How are you? You disappeared yesterday."

"Yea I had a bit of a moment." She says leading Rosalie upstairs to her mostly unused studio room. She tended to just paint in her room. "Sit there."

"What are doing?"

"Cooking." Selena says sarcastically pulling out her supplies. "You gave me an idea."

"What is it?"

"You'll see." Rosalie hummed as Selena took up position to paint. They sat in silence like that for a while as Selena painted. "So vampire huh?"

"And you're a werewolf." Rosalie said and Selena nodded. "Were your parents also?"

"Only my mother." Selena told her. "That's what killed them, I shifted and gave my dad a heart attack. And werewolves mate for life, my mother died of a broken heart."

"I'm sorry."

"It couldn't be helped. If there's one thing werewolves know it's that fate is unavoidable." Selena murmurs. "It's absolute no matter what."

"Do you trust fate?"

"Yes." They sat in silence again, for hours while Selena painted to her hearts content. And Rosalie stared at her to her hearts content.

-

Sitting in Selena's dining room the pack was stressed as they went over the most recent events plaguing them. Liquor and food spread out, because Max was an anxious cooker. And Selena liked to drink away her problems.

"And it can't be from the vampires moving to town?" Ze'ev asked as they went through every possibility.

"Then Selena would be the first one affected." Max says teasing. "But seriously what the fuck is going on."

"I'm thinking it's hunters." Selena says glaring down at the floor.

"The Voltori?" Remus asks voice a mere whisper.

"No just human ones." Selena says. "Mom spoke about the possibility of them coming back  but we've never encountered one."

"So why now?" Derek asks. "And how did they find out exactly who we are to target us?"

"I guess we have to find out." Selena says. "But the problem is until we figure it out we have to stay alert."

"Buddy up?" Ze'ev suggests. "You and Max, Remus and Derek and then Eli and me." Selena nods along.

"So how do we hunt hunters?" Max asks.

"We could ask the Cullens." Remus suggest. "Selena you've made some friends with them right?" Selena cringed a bit.

"I guess." She mumbles and Max laughs. "Shut it."

"I'm just saying." Max teases. "But whose to say they'd be willing to help us anyway."

"Got a point." Selena says running a hand through her hair. "We have a semi mutual agreement at best."

"Would it hurt to ask tho?" Eli asks her looking out the window. "I mean worse they can do is say no."

"Or tell the Voltori." Remus whispered and Selena cringed remembering the stories her mom used to tell her.

"Maybe we should just leave." Selena said, why take an avoidable risk. "Avoid everything."

"No." Remus said. "Running is not an option."

"Why not?"

"Because we're better than that." Derek says.

"Are we?" She asks and everyone says silent. "We'll stay for now. But if this keeps happening we leave, end of discussion."

-

Selena sighed before getting out of her car and walking up the steps of the Cullen house. Looking back once more before she knocked. Almost immediately the door opened to reveal Carlisle with a small smile.

"Alice warned us." He said.

"Seer?" Selena asked.

"Kinda, come in." He said opening the door wider. Selena went in and Carlisle led the way to the family room.

"So hunters are real?" Alice asked before Selena could sit down.

"Yea, although with the supposed extinction of us, they died out too." Selena says sitting. "So whoever they are, they're ancestors would've also been hunters."

"But why now?" Esme asks.

"Your guess is as good as ours." She says. "The only idea we have is they tracked you to us."

"But how?" Rosalie asked.

"Them." She mumbles gesturing to the shifters. "It's not uncommon for smaller packs to merge. They saw you guys and followed you and then found us."

"When you say smaller packs, how many of you guys are left?" Carlisle asks.

"No comment." Selena mumbles. "Too much risk no offense." And not even Edward could see it in here head for how well guarded it was.

"None taken." He says smiling. "So anyway to identify hunters?"

"Not unless you catch them in the act."

"So we're hunting hunters?" Reneseme asks.

"I guess." Selena says smiling thinking of Max. "I'm more worried about them being linked to the Voltori."

"I keep watch on them. They're being surprisingly quite." Alice says and Selena raises an eyebrow. "We've had a few problems with them in the past."

"That's always fun." Selena says and the Cullens laugh. "What got you in hot water with them?"

"Edward." Rosalie and Bella say, and Edward shifts in his seat.

"Ah the wonders of men." Selena says and they laugh. "Well as fun as this has been, I gotta go. Keep me posted?" She asks Alice who nods, she smiles and waved before leaving.

—————————————
Anyway I kinda hate this book
But lmk what you think
-Rebel