No Way

Selena was mostly sure that she wasn't going to embarrass herself tonight. She had a nice dress, she brought Rosalie a nice corsage and she looked in Nova and Scarlett's words 'like the hottest women to ever walk the earth'. So now all she had to do was not face plant on her way down the stairs and everything will be fine.

Everyone had already left, either with their respective dates or to go get said dates. Only her and Max were still at the house. Selena and Rosalie had agreed Rosalie would pick her up 30 minutes after to one keep busybodies away, and two make a slightly dramatic entrance. Max was waiting so Selena wouldn't work herself into a panic.

"She's late." Selena said turning to face Max. "I told you this was a bad idea."

"She's not even a full 5 minutes late. Selena breathe." Max said putting their hands onto Selena's shoulders. "Do not worry, she will be here, then you will be cheesy and give her the corsage and all will be good."

"Yea you're right I'm just panicking for nothing."

-

"I fucking told you!" Selena said after 30 minutes. "I can't believe this!"

"Me either." Max said shaking their head. "Ok new plan." They said and then ran upstairs. Selena sighed and plopped down looking at the text that Rosalie had read. "Okay let's go." Selena looked up at Max who had changed their tie to a red one to match her dress. They held out their hand and Selena smiled and grabbed it letting Max haul her up.

"See this is why we always go with our first choice." Selena said as Max opened the car door for her. "They're always better."

"To be very fair it's hard to find anyone better than me." Max said as they began the drive to the school. "Now don't let this deter you from dating in general. Not dating Hale is fine but you still have to date at some point."

"Yea yea whatever." Selena muttered waving her hand around. "Oh Scarlett is going to be so mad." Max just nodded. "Is it wrong that I'm like more embarrassed than sad or anything?"

"Nah being stood up is embarrassing as hell homie." Selena rolled her eyes. "Trust me it's whatever we'll make the our jokes but really we'll be scheming on how to make Hale miserable and the world will still spin."

"Yea I guess you're right." Selena nodded as they pulled up to the school. "Time to go dance." She moved to open the door.

"Hey no no no. I'm the one who opens door." Max yells making Selena laugh, as they jump out the car and jog around to open her door. "Milady." They said offering their arm.

"Thank kind sir." Selena said putting her hand on her heart. "How you make me swoon." Max raises their eyebrows.

"Don't make it weird." They joke as the duo make their way inside. "Oh look here's another back up for you."

"If it isn't the gayest set of fruitcakes." Trevor says as he walks over to them. "You look beautiful Sel."

"Thanks." She says grinning his good mood infectious. "How's the party going anyway?"

"Scarlett knows how to plan them."

"That I do." Scarlett says as she comes up behind them her date in tow.

"Hey Justin." They greeted.

"Hey guys."

"Selena?"

"Scarlett."

"Where is your date?"

"Right here." Selena said lifting up her and Max's interlinked hands. "And now we're going to be over there. "See you for pictures later." Selena dragged Max deeper into the party leaving Trevor to deal with Scarlett.