ᴛᴡᴏ

"you, bae yeonhee, wants to go to a party?! what happened to my yeonhee and where did you take her?" miri said as she held yeonhee's shoulders

yeonhee scoffed at her friend's dramatic behaviour.

"don't be dramatic," she shrugged her hands off. "but like, think about it. we have never been to a party or something like this. we're always copped up in our rooms together either studying, reading, simping over k-pop idols, watching k-dramas and eating like pigs. we never do anything fun."

"our lives are boring as is, why not make it fun for once, huh? get out our comfort zone?" yeonhee gave her friends a begging look.

"woah. what a beautiful speech." miri wipped an imaginary tear. "but i'm still not going."

the girl with glasses huffed out of annoyance and gave the taller a glare.

"come on, please?" she pressed her
hands together and gave a desperate look. she even went to holding juyeon's hands and begging her. juyeon was very gullible and easy to make say yes, very similar to yeonhee herself.

yeonhee groaned and slipped her glasses off. she slammed her head on the table continuously before juyeon slipped her hand to stop yeonhee from continuing.

she sighed as she noticed yeonhee giving her pleading puppy eyes.

".. fine!" she gave in.
"choi juyeon!" miri scolded.

"i'm sorry! i couldn't help it. i mean, how can you say no to those puppy eyes?" juyeon pointed at yeonhee who still held those puppy eyes.

miri scoffed and turned away. "okay,.. i will admit they're cute but still!"

miri ran her fingers through her short, black hair as she sighed. "fine, i'll go too." yeonhee immediately squealed and hugged her.

"but! i will not, under any circumstances, wear pink. no way, jose." yeonhee just nodded with a smile. she knew miri didn't like pink.

"that's fine~ as long as you're going."

➳❥

"guys, which looks better on me?" juyeon asked, pressing a hot pink and another light pink dress against her body for reference.

miri gave a thoughtful look, squinting her eyes in inspection before pointing over to the hot pink dress.

"it brings out your dark hair." miri complimented causing juyeon to give her a smile, turning back to the other options of clothing.

yeonhee on the other hand was on the far side, away from her two friends as she dug for her ringing phone.

picking it up, a frown fell apon her lips noticing the id name displayed on the lit screen, 'doyoung'.

yeonhee accepted the call and pressed the phone against her ear.

"hey... yeah, i'll be right there. sorry for the worry. mmh, bye." after dropping the call, the brunette was met with her two friend's eyes on her. 

"let me guess, your parents are calling for you to go home again?" miri asked.

yeonhee wordlessly nodded, sighing while stuffing her phone in her hand bag. "yep. i'm almost 10 minutes late past curfew,"

she walked over to the two, engulfing them both in a short hug and pulling away to rush out. "i have to go now, byee."

yeonhee opened the car door, stepping her feet in and entering the expensive vehicle with a bothered face.

"good evening, yeonhee. your parents have asked for me to pick you up due to your late arrival." said doyoung, yeonhee's personal butler and driver.

the girl just nodded, eyes out to look at the window with folded arms.
"sorry about that, doyoung. i just... was trying to spend time with my friends."

her small voice made doyoung feel a sense of guilt and sympathy knowing the teenage girl couldn't even go out like people her age because of her strict household.

making it home, yeonhee thanked her driver and rushed back to the house- mentally hoping her parents wouldn't be there which she highly doubted.

and there she was greeted by her parents standing by the door with their usual cold and intimidating demeanour and a spine chilling stare.

"where have you been?" her father's deep voice asked, the strictness it held scaring the smaller girl.

yeonhee hung her head low before her parents, gripping the sleeves of her hoodie and tightly closing her eyes in fear.

"i was at the mall with my friends.." she finally voiced out, terror laced in her words.

"then why are you late? we said at 5, it is now 5:15, you are late!" her mother harshly snapped.

"b-but it was only 10 minutes and a 5 minute drive he-"
"are you back chatting to your mother?!"

yeonhee sealed her lips after her father's sudden burst. she clenched her fists in both anger and fear but tried to shrug the emotions off.

"since you think you can talk back now, i don't think you'd mind if you can't go out until we say so and you won't have lunch or dinner tomorrow." her father said.

"but-"
"no buts. go to your room. now."

her mother's words caused the girl to sigh with a nod but she obliged and made her way upstairs, practically dragging her feet.

but as she left she heard her mother's words to her father, "why is she such a disappointment?" 

making it to her bedroom, the first thing yeonhee did was throw her glasses to the side then jump into her bed- laying on her stomach with her head in her folded arms and she cried.

her sobs were silent but so loud in her mind. she clenched her sleeves into her fists, just to try contain her cries so her parents wouldn't hear.

yeonhee was use to this. her parents being awfully strict and giving horrible punishments to her for the smallest of mistakes.

she needed to be the perfect child and to her parents, she wasn't that. she was too playful, didn't care for her grades and always complained; in her parents words.

though yeonhee found hurting in everything they did, they always claimed that 'she'd thank them in the future' or 'you'll understand when you're older'.

yeonhee had grown familiar with this statement, hearing it anytime she felt obvious discomfort with their 'punishments'.

having no lunch was just the smallest of them. often, she'd get locked in a small room until she 'reflected on her actions'. it was a suffocating space but she'd rather not talk about it to others. she'd be forced to study if not she'd get hit or an even worse punishment.

sniffling, yeonhee turned her head to the side- gaze facing the bricked wall as she tried to wipe her wet cheeks with her hoodie's sleeve.

i was always a disappointed. what's new?

felt yeonhee here

felt yeonhee here. 😔