ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

"juyeon

"juyeon."

"mhm?"

"i'm bored."

juyeon groaned, shutting her laptop and pinching the bridge of her nose at yeonhee. this had to be the 10th time she's said that in the span of 5 minutes.

today was saturday, the day all three friends decided to be their trio date. where they'd basically go around their town, either to the mall to shop, bakeries to munch on food or cafè. today it was a cafè.

unfortunately though, instead of the three friends sitting together to munch on food, talk about kdramas and cry over the most recent kpop comebacks, two of them were studying.

miri had just headed out to the bathroom leaving juyeon and yeonhee alone which wouldn't be a problem if yeonhee was disturbing her friend while she was trying to get some work done.

"yeonhee, why don't you do your own work? i'm trying to focus here." juyeon muttered, eyes focused on her laptop screen and trying vigorously.

the girl whined, leaning her back on the chair she was sitting on- forcefully shoving the straw of her drink into her mouth. "i already did all my work though.."

"then read a book or something." a small pout casted apon yeonhee's lips at that.

her friends weren't paying attention to her. yeonhee knew she wasn't a child that needed attention all the time however, she wanted this day to be a day where she forgot about school and studying and just was carefree with her bestfriends.

but now they were busy. just like her parents.

yeonhee knew that this semester was very hectic and they always got endless hours of assignments and research to do but yeonhee had done all of that. that's all she really does. study, study, study.

she just couldn't grasp the part that maybe, just maybe, not all parents raised their kids to think about school and only school. that maybe other parents cared about their child's well-being and wanted them to have fun. like normal teenagers do.

"how was piano lessons?" miri asked once she got to the table, noticing how bummed yeonhee looked.

she shrugged, "fine, i guess."

yeonhee has been doing piano since she was like 9 and for the past ten years, that's all she really thought she was good at. she definitely didn't want to do piano for the rest of her life but she always felt so free and lightweight when playing.

she wouldn't say she was great but she has attended and won many music competitions that set a name for herself. and when she asked her parents to take her to a music school, they laughed in her face and told her piano was just a hobby and wouldn't get her anywhere.

buzz

buzz

yeonhee took her buzzing phone from her bag (that she had gotten last night due to "good behaviour") and was surprised by who just messaged her.