ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

what ever she dreamt last night left her unsettled the following morning

it seemed everytime she had those dreams again, all energy drained from her system leaving her fragile and weak. everytime those nightmares occured, she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

yeonhee was even terrfied to sleep at night.

whenever she closed her eyes the fear of seeing those black wings again, feeling the water at her ankles, the cold hands wrap around her neck leaving her begging for air.

she couldn't focus on her studies and she just felt uneasy all the time.

02:44 am.

the feeling of suffocation rose in her chest again and started to feel unbearing causing the girl to pant lightly until she found herself downstairs towards the front door.

it felt as if her feet had a mind of their own, taking her to a familair place that always seemed to bring her serenity.

the bridge.

yeonhee took a sniff of the sea filled air and instantly felt a feeling of relief wash over her whole body making her let out a much needed sigh.

"are you trying to get yourself killed?" the voice of a familiar vampire made yeonhee's ears perk up and turn her head towards his direction.

"what do you mean?" she breathed out, a puff of white air leaving her lips as she did.

jisung chuckled, looking down at the mortal "it's freezing out. you'll catch a cold."

yeonhee looked down at herself, only dressed in a loose t-shirt and a pair of her grey sweatpant. goosebumps covered her arms causing her to shiver more at the sight.

"chicken skin.." she muttered under her breath but the half demon didn't miss her words, raising his eyebrow in confusion.

"what? chicken skin?" he asked. yeonhee looked at him in even more confused than he was.

"yeah, chicken skin. like when you're cold and you get goosebumps and it looks like- you know what? nevermind." she stopped mid sentence noticing how he looked at her as if she'd grow two heads.

jisung simply shrugged deciding to leave the conversation entirely. yeonhee looked up at him before diverting her gaze to the splashing waters and shook her head a small laugh.

"looks like that observing human behaviour mission is going well." she joked causing jisung to nudge her with his elbow while rolling his eyes at her playfulness.

a small silence fell over them but was cut short by yeonhee "speaking of mission," she gazed up at his much taller figure. as expected he was dressed in a dark toned outfit - a gret sweatshirt and black sweatpants, his hair messy and lacking of volume.

"we're presenting our project tomorrow. are you nervous?"
her question made jisung lightly shake his head. "i honestly couldn't care less."

yeonhee's head shot up at him from his response. "well, atleast put some effort, okay? my grades are on the line too."