00:07

Vanessa POV
It's been a week since I physically seen Jason. I've only seen him in my dreams , his eyes always appear to be filled with darkness and sorrow.

"Earth to Vanessa" Maya waved her hand.

"I'm sorry, I dose off again didn't I?" I whisper.

"What's been going on in your head ? You've been so distance " Maya crossed her arms .

"Nothing just tiredness " I lied .

What was I supposed to say ? A crazy manic is kidnapping me next week on my eighteenth birthday . Oh yes I completely forgot, if I don't go with him he'll kill the only family I have left . Woah I even sound crazy thinking about it .

"So has Xander talked to you ?" Maya changing the subject.

"No , he can't even look at me for some reason " I shrug my shoulders.

I truly did like Xander but who was I kidding a boy like him with a girl like me . I don't blame him for losing interest.

" I heard he's been getting into trouble , maybe gang violence. That's why he showed up to school with a broken arm . His face went from hot to not . But what can I say daddy money can only take you a long way " Maya giggles.

  I hope Xander is doing well. He's always on my mind. Perhaps we'll marry in another universe. With our two pets and two children, we'll reside in a wonderful gated community. We'll be so in love that we won't be able to live without one other. A smile appeared on my face while I   fantasize a myth.

"Speaking of Xander , we're all going mini golfing . I wanted to make sure you felt comfortable around him " Maya sounded concerned.

"Totally ,we barely even talk . Plus haven't you heard I'm a professional mini golfer " I teased .

  I truly didn't have the energy to get dressed. I put on my grey sweets and a black sweatshirt. I allowed my wavy hair to hang loose.

  It took only fifteen minutes to get to the Mini Golf course. As I stepped out of the car, Xander's green eyes met mine. His eyes were not as bright as they had been the first time we met. Apart of me wants to run up to him and give him a hug. I want to tell him that I'm here for him, no matter what he's going through. But he swiftly averted his gaze. Separating his lovely eyes from mine.

  "Vanessa pretty as ever" Emma smiled at me.

  "You know how to make my day" I hugged Emma.

"Let's stop the chitchatting . I have a mini golf record to beat" Steven scratches his nose.

"Oh shut up Steven. Last time we went mini golfing you cried. You claim their were little people controlling the ball ." Maya rolled her eyes.

  Xander remained silent while everyone, even Steven, laughed.

" I can guarantee you we'll have a truthful game" I say.

" Truthful , doesn't sound like a word you should be using" Xander whispers .

"Hey , it seems that Xander and I have unfinished business to discuss. Can you all please give us a moment?" I asked the group .

  Everyone agreed , leaving just Xander and I .

" What is there to discuss?" Xander asked sarcastically.

" I don't know you tell me . I understand you've been going through whatever it is you're going through. But it doesn't give you the right to treat me horribly. I want to be there for you " I said .

"This must be a joke" Xander laughed .

"Look I heard you've been into gang violence. I'm not judging you at all " I said.

"Gang violence? Shouldn't I be asking you about that ?" Xander eyebrows raises .

" What are you talking about ?" I asked .

"You really don't know ?" Xander seem confused .

I shocked my head.

"I'm not into gang violence. I was on my way to the ice cream shop to meet you. But some thugs pushed me out my car. I notice they were Jason Mccan man. They come by the house every month to collect fees my father owes them . They began punching my face . I felled to the ground.They kicked me so hard my ribs bruise. One step on my arm causing it to break. I remember coughing out blood .I thought I was taking my last breath . But a man in a suit demanded them to stop . He told me to stay away from you ." Tears rolled down Xander eyes .

My heart dropped.

" Xander I'm so sorry . It's not what you think. I wish I can tell you everything " I began crying .

" Vanessa tell me , my father can help you . I just need to know what's going on." Xander pleaded .

" I can't " I said.

"Why? We can help ." Xander grabs my hands.

"But you nor your father can't . It's the same way he couldn't help once you told him who hurt you " I whisper .

"The worst part wasn't the beating . It was the thought of losing you . I never wanted anything so bad in my life . " Xander grabs my face .

His soft pink lips meet mines . I felt at peace while our lips connected.

"Vanessa" a cold familiar voice hissed ....