12

Five days later Sasuke woke up and luckily everything was alright with him. Although he had to spend two more days in the hospital for precaution. The day he got out we had a small party with all of our friends. We also spoke about what happened between him and Kohana. Apparently she went to talk to Sasuke because Madara reached out to her to ask for help with his plan. But she said no and Sasuke felt very grateful for that.

Sasuke still doesn't know about the pregnancy. I tried to tell him so many times but there's always something in the way. I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and unfortunately the morning sickness is not gone yet.

Today I had an appointment with my aunt to make my first ultrasound but decided to go alone. The moment I heard the baby's heart beat I got so emotional, it's a feeling I can't even explain. And I can't wait to tell Sasuke and share this moment with him.

I arrive at Sasuke's house around 5 p.m. and neither Sasuke or Itachi are anywhere to be seen. I've been sleeping in his house since Sasuke came out of the hospital. A sigh escapes through my lips as I walk towards the kitchen, noticing a paper on the counter. I grab it, reading it. Looks like Sasuke went out with the boys and Itachi is with Izumi.

Since I'm alone I grab the picture of the ultrasound from my purse and look at it. Although I feel happy with the idea of having a baby, Sasuke's reaction concerns me. And somehow I have a bad feeling.

The morning sickness kicks in and I immediately rush to the bathroom to drop my breakfast and lunch. I clean my face with cold water, looking at my refletion. In a matter of time my belly is going to be visible. I rub my hands on my still flat belly and a smile forms on my lips. 

Sasuke

I never thought I would enjoy my friends company so much. Today we decided to have a guys day so we basically spent most of the day at Naruto's house playing this new game that just came out. 

Once I get home I look around hoping to see Sakura but nothing. She's probably not home yet. My stomach growls so I head to the kitchen to grab a tomato. The moment I lean on the counter eating I notice Sakura's purse and a picture next to it. I grab it, feeling a bit confused at first but when I turn it around it has 'First ultrasound - 8 weeks' written. Wait... This is Sakura's handwriting. I almost choke on my breath. She's 8 weeks pregnant? But how? I thought we were careful enough. And why didn't she tell me? She knows I hate when she hides things from me. I wonder how long does she know about this.

Sakura

I walk back to the kitchen and when I see Sasuke a smile forms on my lips. I go to his encounter but something makes me stop on my tracks. Sasuke is holding the picture of the ultrassound and has a serious expression on his face. Oh no.

"S-Sasuke..." I stutter, trying to catch his attention.

"You're pregnant." He simply says, still looking at the ultrasound.

"Yes, but I can explain... I-" But he cuts me off.

"How long have you known?"

"Please, Sasuke..." I get closer to him and try to grab his hand but he pulls it back.

"How long have you known, Sakura?" His eyes finally meet mines and he gives me the same look from when I went to his house after our break up.

"Since the incident with Kabuto."

"And why didn't you tell me?" But I stay silent. "Answer me! Why didn't you tell me?!" Sasuke raises his voice.

"I..." I bit my lip. "I was afraid. Because I knew you would react this way."

"Damn it, Sakura! I had so many plans for us!" He loses his temper.

"This wasn't just my fault, Sasuke! It takes two to make a baby, remember?" Tears threaten to escape. He's not being reasonable.

"Are you seriously saying this is my fault?"

"It's our fault because we were both careless. So don't try to take it all on me."

"Tell me, Sakura... You really think that I'm ready to be a father?" Sasuke looks at me and I try my best not to cry.

"No, I don't and I'm not ready to be a mother either... But we'll figure it out." My voice comes out trembled.

"I'm not ready to figure it." The moment those words come out of his mouth I feel my heart breaking once again. He walks out of the kitchen and I follow him.

"Where are you going?"

"Out." And with that he leaves.