Chapter 8

"Good morning." I hear as my eyes adjust to the light. "I brought you breakfast"

My eyes finally focus on Mitchell's face in my doorway. He's holding a brown paper bag and wearing a crooked smile.

"Brett let me in." He explains as he walks towards the bed "You look like you had a good night" he says with a chuckle.

"Ya we did!" I hear Brett yell from the other room.

I roll my eyes and pull myself up so I'm sitting against the headboard. Mitchell joins me and sits on the edge of the bed handing me the McDonald's bag.

"Breakfast of champions" he says

"Thank you" I say.

"I was just heading to town and figured I'd drop off a little hangover breakfast for you and Brett on my way" He leans over and kisses my cheek.

"He is a blessing" Brett appears in my doorway munching her breakfast.

"He really is, isn't he?" I say smiling at him.

"So you two had fun last night?"

"From what I recall yes" I laugh

"Good I'm glad" he shakes his head.

"I have a busy week ahead. Work meetings tomorrow and Tuesday. Then I'll be the field Wednesday, Thursday, coming home Friday morning" He explained

"I thought you were on leave?" I shove a chunk of hash brown in my mouth.

"Down side of the military, they own my time." His eyes roll back. "I have to go back this week and then I'm off again"

"Well, that's bullshit" I say matter of factly

"You can say that again." He gets up and fixes his shirt. "I've gotta jet. I'll talk to you when I can throughout the week and see you Friday"

"Sounds good." I agree

He leans down and kisses me before lingering over my ear "It's going to be a long week without you" he plants another kiss on my cheek and leaves my room.

Boy really knows how to keep a girl wanting more.

I hear the front door close and throw myself back onto my bed. Brett app read in my room moments later, leaping on my bed.

"B. HE. IS. THE. BEST." She says sipping her coffee. "I seriously could have smooched him when I opened the door to see him with McDonald's."

"Yea he's not bad" I laugh and continue eating my breakfast in bed.

Once I finish eating I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom. "I'm going to shower. I reek of alcohol"

I enter the bathroom and start the shower. I let it run for a minute until I see steam coming from the stall, informing me it's hot. I let my clothes hit the floor and step into the stream of hot water. I let my head fall back and allow myself to totally relax as my brain flips through what I remember from last night.

"Hey-" I snap out of my thoughts "I'm going to head out now so I beat traffic" Brett says

I like my head out of the shower curtain to see her looking at herself in the mirror. She's gotten herself dressed and ready to head out.

"Aw, wait let me get out and hug you!" I say.
I quickly rinse my hair and wrap myself in a towel before exiting the shower. I hug Brett so tightly that she grunts

"Thank you so much for last night. I needed it!" I say before releasing her. "I love you so much!"

"I love you more!" She says kissing me on the cheek "I'll be back soon!" She adds before leaving me behind.