Chapter 1

Picture of AYANNA SANDERS
AGE: 17

Ayanna is currently at school and walking with her friend to her car

Ayanna goes to a private school, so they all wear uniforms.

"Guys, you already know my dad is going to say no to parties", said Ayanna.

"I'm sorry but your dad needs to get a grip. This is your last year of high school. Why can't he just cut you some slack and let you have fun?", asked Melissa.

Picture of MELISSA O'CONNER
AGE: 17

"I think it has something to do with the way my mom died

"I think it has something to do with the way my mom died. You know she was kidnapped. I guess he doesn't want the same thing to happen to me", said Ayanna.

"It's called the buddy system", said Melissa.

"It's called my dad doesn't care", Ayanna replied.

Melissa chuckled.

"How about this. How about you sneak out", said Melissa.

"My dad is chief of police. You think he's going to let that slip under his nose?", asked Ayanna.

"Not if you sneak out when he's sleep", said Melissa.

"You're really trying to get me trouble huh?", asked Ayanna.

"No. I'm really trying to go to a party with my friend", said Melissa. "I'll pick you up at 8"

"Fine", said Ayanna. "But he won't be asleep"

"How about you be asleep. Just act like your going to sleep early, stuff from pillows under the covers, and sneak out of the window", said Melissa.

"I can't believe I'm going to go with this stupid idea but I really wanna go so fine", said Ayanna. "Just pick me up a couple of blocks from my house."

"Alright", said Melissa with a smile. "Besides, what's the worst Mr. Sanders can do? Yell at you? Come on, my parents do that all the time. It's no biggie"