Chapter 14

The following day Ayanna went to school as usual. After school, she went her Mrs. Mills' house.

"Out of all people, I can't believe you did this", said Brian. "It breaks my heart"

"...I'm sorry", said Ayanna.

"It's okay. They're just confusing you", said Brian.

Ayanna looked down.

"...How about you get the key, let me out and I won't say anything about this. I won't bring it up again", said Brian.

Ayanna looked at him.

"I didn't kill your mom", said Brian. "God can strike me right now"

"What about Kendrick?", asked Ayanna softly.

"...okay...I did", said Brian. "He tried to kill me first. It's called self defense"

Ayanna didn't reply. She was just shocked.

"He tried to kill me in a hotel room and cover it up", said Brian. "I'm not lying about that. I swear to god"

"...you're a cop. You have to kill people sometimes so that isn't shocking to me that you'd do such a thing. But I don't think you had a good reason", said Ayanna as she stopped her phone from recording. "I don't think you'll ever admit that you killed my mom but at least you admitted to killing Kendrick and the court will love to hear it."

Ayanna showed him that she was recording.

Brian made a face.

"I'm sorry daddy...but I don't think Kendrick did that too you", said Ayanna.

"Sweetheart listen to me. You need to delete that", said Brian as he stood up.

"Why? To save your ass?", asked Ayanna.

"Who you cussing at?", asked Brian.

"You", said Ayanna before she started walking toward the steps.

"If you don't delete it, you'll regret it", said Brian.

Ayanna looked at Brian.

"How would I regret? I can't believe you're threatening me", said Ayanna.

"I didn't mean it like that and you know it", said Brian.

"What do you mean then?", asked Ayanna.

"I just meant that...well... like I said I didn't kill your mom. I tried to though but it didn't work", said Brian.

"So who killed her then? Kendrick didn't because you killed Kendrick. You said the kidnapper story was a lie...who killed mom?", asked Ayanna.

"...she's not dead", said Brian.

FLASHBACK
(So I'm going to go back to the day, everything went down)

After Brian came from Kendrick's house after killing him. He walked into his room and saw Diamond still lying there. As he looked closely, he realized she was still breathing. She was just sleeping.

Brian took the handcuffed off her her and tried to pick her up. Diamond work up panicking.

"Calm down", he said.

"Let me go", said Diamond as she tried to get out of his arms.

Brian pinned her against the bed.

"Calm the fuck down!", he shouted. "Calm down!"

Diamond started breathing heavily.

"You tried to kill me", said Diamond.

"And it was a mistake", said Brian. "I'm sorry"

Diamond started crying.

"Brian I know you have a lot going on but please. Don't hurt me. Don't do this to Ayanna, please", said Diamond.

Brian looked at her for a moment.

"We're going to go for a ride and I need you to cooperate...for Ayanna", said Brian.

"Where is she?", asked Diamond.

"Right now she's with Kendrick's mom. But back to what I was saying. I need you to cooperate. No screaming. Im not going to hurt you", he said as she teared up a little. "I blacked out. Im not in the right space right now and I fucked up...I won't do that again. Im sorry"

Diamond nods.

"Fine. Just remember Ayanna", said Diamond.

Brian stood her up and held her hand as they walked downstairs.

FLASHBACK OVER

"So...you mean to tell me that it's been 11 years and no sign of mom but she isn't dead? Dad whatever. You're just trying to stall time", said Ayanna.

"I'm not lying now delete the damn recording or your mom will be stuck in where she is right now and die of starvation", said Brian.

Ayanna made a face. She could tel that he was serious by the way he was getting upset.

"Where is she?", Ayanna asked. "You kept my mom away from me for years!? You lied to me for year!?"

"Keep your voice down", said Brian.

"I can't believe you. I mean that's even if you're telling the truth because you're such a liar", said Ayanna.

"I'm not lying", said Brian.

"I need to think about this", said Ayanna. "Until then the recording stays saved to my phone"

Brian didn't say anything.

Ayanna walked up the stairs.

TO BE CONTINUED...