Chapter 21

"At this point, I don't give a fuck about the whole murder situation. You can ask us questions about that after you find our girls", said Vanessa.

"Alyssa and Zara are being looked for now as we speak", said the officer.

"And Alyssa. I don't care if that's his daughter or not. He's dangerous", said Vanessa.

"He's also the chief of police. So I highly doubt that he's behind all of this", said the officer.

"Whatever. I bet you just covered up the fact that he killed my son to save the department's ass. Get out of my house", said Mrs. Mills.

"Ma'am I can assure you none of that is going on", said the officer. "But have a good night, we will be in touch for any updates on Alyssa and Zara"

"And Ayanna", said Vanessa.

"Have a good night Mrs. Mills and Ms. Wilson", said the officer"

The officer left.

"Brian has lost his damn mind", she Vanessa.

Finally, Kenneth came into the house.

"How did he even get them?", asked Kenneth. "I promised Kendrick I'd keep Alyssa, Zara and even Javonte safe. Now look at this, two missing"

"I don't understand why he would take them", said Vanessa. "I don't understand what he needs them for"

"Maybe it's to keep us quiet", said Kenneth.

"Maybe it wasn't him", said Mrs. Mills.

"What do you mean? Of course it was him", said Vanessa.

"...before Brian escaped, Ayanna was telling me something about Diamond. Then all of a sudden she said she had to get to something before Brian did", said Mrs. Mills.

"I don't understand", said Vanessa.

"What are you trying to say? Diamond's alive?", asked Kenneth.

"I don't know", said Mrs. Mills. "But if she is...what if she's the one who took them or had Brian take them?"

"Ain't no way Diamond's alive and I haven't heard from her", said Vanessa. "Are you sure she said something about Diamond?"

"She said her mom", said Mrs. Mills.

"Maybe she was talking about that woman that Brian's seeing", said Vanessa.

"I don't think so", said Mrs. Mills.

"How could Diamond still be alive?", asked Kenneth.

"I mean like...nobody ever saw her body...just the ashes", said Mrs. Mills.

"We didn't ever see Kendrick's either", said Kenneth.

"Alyssa did ..besides I know he's gone Kenneth", said Mrs. Mills.

Kenneth looked down.

"Why didn't you say anything to the police?", asked Vanessa.

"So we can sound even crazier? I think not", said Mrs. Mills. "I just wanna be sure first"

"Diamond's gone. That's that", said Vanessa. "Let's just find the kids"

————

"So...I got the kids here... how are you feeling now?", asked Brian as he sat next to Diamond.

"Better" said Diamond.

Ayanna watched them.

"Well I guess I wanna know how you feel overall.", said Brian.