Chapter 15

(WITH DIAMOND)

Diamond is currently looking at TV.

She was sitting on a twin bed in a glass cell. She first for there, all she had was a couple of couch cushions to sit and lie on. Now it was kind of like she was in her own little room.

She got lonely of course. She missed her kids and Kendrick. She didn't know that Brian killed Kendrick because he never told her.

Brian came give Diamond food twice a day and talk to her for company.

She was getting a little hungry and usually Brian would have cake by now to give her a meal. She didn't know if she should be worried or if he was just running late. She just knew that he never forgot about her.

Before she was going crazy being locked up like how she was but she eventually got used to it. She still wasn't all the way sane. She wasn't the same person she used to be.

———

Ayanna walked back downstairs and looked at Brian.

"I wanna see my mom", said Ayanna. "I wanna know that she's alive and then I'll delete the recording"

"...I can't do that", said Brian.

"Why not?", asked Ayanna.

"Because she doesn't wanna see you", said Brian.

Ayanna made a face.

"...you don't wanna see her like that trust me", said Brian.

"Like what?", asked Ayanna. "What's— what's wrong with her?"

"She's just...different... and that's my fault", said Brian.

Ayanna looked down and shook her head. "I can't believe I almost trusted you", said Ayanna. "My mom isn't alive. You're just stalling like I said before"

"I'm not", said Brian.

"You are. You're nothing by a liar and a killer", said Ayanna. "Just admit it!"

"Okay fine! I'm a liar and I'm a killer and I don't care! Im glad I killed him because he took everything from me! He took my wife and I barely got to see you. I was miserable. And then he tried to kill me so I killed him", said Brian. "But your mom is alive and you wanna keep it that way then I need to get out of her. She's probably hungry right now...that's who I was with yesterday."

"I can go give her something to eat. Just tell me where she is", said Ayanna.

"No", said Brian.

"Then she isn't alive", said Ayanna.

Brian looked down and tried to hold his anger back.

"I'm going to give this to Mrs. Mills", said Ayanna.

"...fine", said Brian.

Ayanna looked at him for a moment. "Fine what?", she asked.

"I'll let you see her", said Brian.

"Promise?", she asked.

"I promise", he replied.

"...I'll see if I can get the keys. I may not be able to get it until tonight when everyone is sleep", said Ayanna.

"Your mom needs some food now", said Brian.

"Let me know where she is and she'll get it", said Ayanna.

Brian looked down.

———

A few hours later, Ayanna pulled up to the location that her mom was at.

She had a bag of Japanese food in her hand as she walked to the door. She unlocked it and walked in. As she turned the corner she saw her mom sitting in the corner on the floor. She also saw that she was in a glass cage like some animal, even though Brian tried to make it look as normal as possible with a bed, tv, small table to sit at, etc.

Diamond looked up and saw Ayanna standing there.

"Who are you?", asked Diamond.

"...I'm Brian told me to give you some- some food", said Ayanna as she walked closer to the cell. "She's sorry he was so late. He got caught up with something"

Diamond stared at Ayanna.

"Where do I put the food?", Ayanna asked nervously. She didn't know why Diamond was looking at her like that.

Diamond pointed to slide door.

Ayanna opened it and gave her the food and drink. Once Diamond grabbed it, Ayanna closed it again.

Diamond sat at the table and Ayanna noticed that she was trembling and shaking. Like she was strung out on something.

"Are you okay?", asked Ayanna.

"Yea- yea. I'm fine", said Diamond. "Just hungry"

Ayanna continued to observe her.

"Who are you again?", asked Diamond.

"A friend", said Ayanna.

"You say that with such a straight face", said Diamond. "Look...thank you for the food but you need to leave"

Ayanna made a face.

"Did I do something?", asked Ayanna.

Diamond hit the table. "I told Brian I didn't—...never mind", said Diamond. "Just go okay!? Just go!"

Ayanna jumped a little. She didn't expect any of this.

"But—"

"Ayanna go!", Diamond blurted out.

Ayanna's eyes got wide.

"You know who am?", asked Ayanna.

Diamond didn't mean to say that.

"You know who I am and you still want me to go?", asked Ayanna.

"You don't need to see me like this", said Diamond softly.

"I'm not a little girl anymore. I didn't expect this exactly but...I don't see you any different. I know who you truly are as a person...I just wanna help you. Everybody does", said Ayanna. "Well they don't know you're alive. They think you're died and they're trying to prove that—"

"Everybody?", asked Diamond.

"Vanessa..Kendrick's mom...Alyssa", said Ayanna.

"...what about Kendrick?", asked Diamond.

"What do you mean, what about him?", asked Ayanna.

Diamond stood up and ran her hands through her hair.

"What do you mean, what do I mean? What about Kendrick? I mean I know he has probably moved on by now but...", Diamond stopped talking because she saw the look on Ayanna's face. She knew he was something bad.

Diamond started getting emotional.

"Leave", Diamond said.

"But mom I—"

"Leave!", Diamond shouted as she started to have a mental breakdown.

Ayanna took some steps back as she continued to look at Diamond.

Diamond pushed the tv on the floor and screamed.

She's been trying to stay sane but it's been hard. But now she knew that Brian did something to Kendrick and she just reached her breaking point.

TO BE CONTINUED...