Chapter 11

Later on that night, Ayanna packed her bag of clothes. She felt like she couldn't trust her dad because the new story he said didn't even make sense to her. She knew Kendrick would never do anything like that.

Ayanna walked out of the room with her back and went to the alarms to turn it off. After turning it off, she walked outside and sat her bag down on the ground.

She called Corey who suddenly appeared driving down the street. She came to a stop at the end of the driveway.

Ayanna picked her bag up and walked down the driveway and got into the passenger's seat.

"Thought you were here?", asked Ayanna.

"I was close", said Corey as started driving.

"I know it's late so I just wanna say thank you", said Ayanna.

"No problem", said Corey.

It was silence between them for a few minutes.

"...so did he do it?", asked Corey.

Ayanna looked at him.

"...I don't know", she replied. "I don't think I wanna know"

"You should want to", said Corey. "I know he's your dad and you don't wanna look at him differently but...your mom deserves the truth to be known. The way you talk about her, she didn't deserve to die. I don't think her husband did either"

"He's never going to tell the truth. He's a liar. That's what he does", said Ayanna. "Lie. He knows how manipulate situations and people. He's been doing that to me"

"...so you don't wanna know if he did it or not and you think he's never going to tell the truth but what do you believe? Do you think he did it?", asked Corey.

"Why are you curious about this. Let me worry about it okay. It's hard enough to even think about the fact that he possibly..could have...I don't even wanna say it", said Ayanna.

"...I never told anybody this but...my mom passed away when I was little. I don't talk about it because it's hard for still til this day. I mean that's why I admire you so much because even after a lost like that, you still can smile when she's mentioned. You can talk about her without getting upset...I can really do that", said Corey. "But anyway... she was killed in a hit and run accident and the cops haven't found the person til this day. Til this day we still don't know who killed my mom. The left the scene and didn't give a damn if anyone was hurt or worst. I just wish that she could have justice and maybe I'd feel better"

"Helping me isn't going to make you feel better about your mom Corey", said Ayanna.

"I didn't say that. But helping you will make you feel better. Trust me", said Corey. "Like I said, I just wanna be able to make you happy"

"I don't think I'll be happy with my dad in jail and me not having anything", said Ayanna.

"Your grandma seems really supportive to me", said Corey.

"Then that would mean leaving you", said Corey.

Corey didn't say anything.

Suddenly, a car came up close behind Corey's car with their bright lights on.

Corey and Nicole squinted their eyes.

Corey stopped the car thinking the car would drive around but they didn't. They stopped too.

Suddenly, Corey saw a figure get out of the car and it was Brian.

Brian knocked on the window and Corey rolled the window down.

"Get out of the car", said Brian.

"Dad I-"

"I was talking to him", said Brian.

"Me? For what?", asked Corey.

"Get out of the car. I'm not going to ask you again", said Brian.

Corey shook his head and opened the door. Once he got out of the car, Brian put Corey against the car and handcuffed him.

"Dad!", said Ayanna before she got out the car.

"You shut up and get your ass back home", said Brian.

"But you-"

"Get back to the fucking house!", Brian shouted. "I'm not going to ask you again"

Ayanna stood there for a moment and started walking back to the house.

"I don't want you talking to my daughter again. Do you understand?", asked Brian. "If I even caught you calling, I will lock yo ass up for harassment"

"Which all due respect—"

"Shut the fuck up. I didn't ask you speak", said Brian.

Corey rolled his eyes.

"This shit is crazy", Corey mumbled.

Brian took the hand cuffs off of Corey.

"Get the fuck back in the car and get back home to your parents", said Brian.

"Fuck you", said Corey before getting in the car.

Brian walked to his car and drove back to the house. He didn't see Ayanna walking so he suspected that she was already in the house.

Brian walked into the house and went upstairs to her room. The door was shut and locked. He could hear her crying silently.

He felt bad to hear her cry, but he had to do what he had to do to keep her from knowing the truth.

TO BE CONTINUED....