Chapter 59 - Words of Encouragement

Natsu's POV

After leaving Levy's office, I stomped up to my office where I could get some privacy and finally let out the rage I've been trying to keep down. An hour passed and now I was standing in the middle of my destroyed office. My desk and lounges were flipped over on the other side of the office, broken bottles of alcohol and glasses were on the floor next to the wall I threw them at, my business books were thrown all over the floor, and the television had three punch holes in it. 'I can't lose Lucy like I lost Igneel' I thought as I roughly combed my fingers through my hair.

Suddenly the elevator dinged which made me jump into a fight stance facing it. I felt a bit silly when I saw it was only Gray, Erza and Laxus walking out of the elevator. I stood up straight and turned my back to them. Unless they have important news about Acnologia's location, I wanted to be alone a little longer to sort out my anger. "Wow" Gray commented as he looked around my destroyed office. "I knew you'd be mad but I didn't think the destruction would be this bad" he added.

"Natsu, I'm sure Lucy wouldn't want to see you in this condition. How about you calm down and do something productive? I'm sure that'll-" "STOP!" I interrupted Erza. They stayed silent and waited for me to continue. "How can I calm down? Acnologia went after Lucy to get to me. He went after the most precious person in my life JUST TO HURT ME. So what Lucy is going through right now is all my fault. If I didn't ask Lucy to be my girlfriend then maybe-" "DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE" Laxus interrupted me which shocked me. He has never yelled at me like that before. "As much as I was against her having a boyfriend in the beginning. Lucy's happiness is the most important thing to me and I've never seen Lucy happier than when she's with you" he said which surprised me.

"Look, we know what happened to Igneel but you shouldn't let Acnologia stop you from being happy" Erza said. "She's right" Laxus said, taking a step forward. "I know Lucy wouldn't blame you for what happened to her and I know she most definitely wouldn't regret dating you. If anything, she would want you to find the bastard and make him pay. So man up and do something about it" his words hit me hard. He's right, the best way I can help Lucy is to find Acnologia and stop him from hurting any more of the people I care about.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "You're right Laxus, thanks" I replied and then I turned to Gray and Erza. "Thank you as well but why aren't you two guarding Lucy?" I asked. "After I heard what happened-" "and almost destroying everything in the lobby" Gray interrupted Laxus quietly and earned a glare from him. "I asked them to come up with me while the Thunder Legion guard Lucy. We knew you would be furious, but we need a calm and collected boss if we are going to take down Acnologia once and for all" Laxus continued. "Especially after hurting my sister" he mumbled but I decided to ignore it.

As if a lightbulb lit up above my head, an idea popped into my mind. "I just got an idea on what I can do" I said before flipping my desk upright. I rushed around my messy office searching for a pen and some paper. "What are you doing?" Gray asked as they were watching me frantically searching my office. I finally found a pen and a few pieces of paper, and then put my desk chair upright behind my desk. "I'm going to send a letter to all of our mafia allies so we can widen the search" I replied as I began writing letters to the Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel and Crime Sorciere mafias. "That's the mafia boss we like to see" Erza commented with a proud smile, which reminded me. "Why are you two still here? Didn't I order you two to guard Lucy?" I half-glared at Gray and Erza. "And that's the mafia boss we don't like to see" Gray commented before the two of them rushed into the elevator. Laxus chuckled as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"Laxus, once I'm finished writing these letters I want you and the Thunder Legion to deliver them" I ordered. He shrugged, "sure" he replied as he walked over to my flipped over lounge chairs and then put one of them upright before sitting down on it. As I was writing the letters, something he said earlier was nagging in the back of my head. I really needed to know if what he said earlier was true.

"Hey Laxus" I called out, keeping my eyes to the paper. He hummed in response which encouraged me to look up at him. "Did you really mean what you said earlier? About Lucy being the happiest when she's with me?" I asked. He turned to look out the window. I thought he was going to refuse answering my question until I heard him reply "yeah." A smile grew on my face as I returned to writing the letters. I promise you Lucy, I'm going to make you the happiest girl in the world after I take down Acnologia.