Chapter 81 - Special Date Night: Part 2

Lucy's POV

'Last touch' I thought as I applied my red lipstick. I was in the bathroom getting ready for my date with Natsu. My excitement was through the roof. My hair was up in a side ponytail with a red rose-shaped hair tie. It matched my dress. I wore a rose red dress with a sweetheart neckline, slit down the leg, and a pink waist sash tied in a bow on the side. On my feet, I wore red high heels to match my dress. My mind wondered how Natsu was going to react to my dress. "Are you ready Lucy?" I heard Natsu's voice on the other side of the door.

I fixed up my hair one last time before I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. Natsu was standing on the other side of the room in a black suit with a salmon-coloured tie, fixing his cuff. As usual, he looked handsome in a suit. He looked up and stared in amazement at me. "Did I meet your expectations?" I asked with a smile. "Exceeded it" he replied as he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I almost don't want you to leave this room, but we have a very important reservation to get to" he smirked. I lightly slapped his chest. "Of course we have to go to the restaurant. I really want to try the food" I replied as I slipped out of his arms and sashayed towards the door. He happily followed me and opened the front door for me.

We headed down to the underground car park and walked to his red Lamborghini. He opened the passenger side door for me and helped me into the car. "Well aren't you being a gentlemen today" I commented and Natsu smiled. "Tonight, I just want to spoil my queen" he replied and then jumped into the driver's seat.

He drove us to the restaurant and parked at the front. Before I could step out of the car, Natsu rushed around the car and helped me out. It's kind of weird but flattering that Natsu is treating me like a precious treasure. Natsu handed his keys to the valet and then we walked towards the entrance while holding hands.

When we reached the Maître d', he gave us a kind smile. "Reservation for Dragneel" Natsu said. The Maître d' took a moment to check the reservation list. "Ah yes, welcome Mr Dragneel and Miss Heartfilia. Please follow my associate to your table" he said and then quietly spoke something to the man who was going to show us our table. As we followed the man, I stared in amazement at the décor of the restaurant.

In the centre of the room was a giant rainbow cherry blossom tree. The branches and flowers covered the entire ceiling with fairy lights entangled around each branch. The carpet was velvet red with yellow pathways between groups of tables. Each table had a white tablecloth with white and light pink roses standing in the middle of the table in a small, detailed glass vase. In the background, there was an orchestra playing slow romantic music. The whole place was beautiful.

The man led us to a table for two that sat directly underneath the trunk of the tree. It was clearly the best spot in the entire restaurant. When we arrived at our table, Natsu pulled my seat out and then pushed it back in when I sat down. He moved to his seat and the waiter introduced himself while holding a bottle of champagne. "Good evening, my name is Andre and I will be your waiter tonight. If you have any questions tonight, please do not hesitate to ask. To start off tonight, please enjoy this complimentary bottle of champagne" he said and then began to fill our glasses. "Excuse me, I'll be back to hand you a couple of menus" he added before walking away.

"What do you think of this place?" Natsu asked before taking a sip of his champagne. "It's beautiful, I can't believe you got a table in this place" I replied. He smirked, "only the best for my queen" he said. There he goes with the 'queen' comment. Who knew Natsu could be so romantic? The waiter came back and handed a menu to me before handing the other menu to Natsu. "Take your time deciding, I will be back soon with some water" he said and walked away again.

We looked down at the menu and I was amazed at the delicious choices to choose from. It was so hard to choose just one for each course. "What are you going to have Natsu?" I asked, looking up from my menu. Maybe seeing what he's having will help me decide. "I'm thinking of starting with the prawn cocktail, then the surf 'n' turf for the main, and...chocolate lava cake for dessert" he replied. "Oh they sound good. I might get the prawn cocktail and surf 'n' turf too but I think I'll try..." I paused as I was scanning the dessert menu. My eyes landed on a dessert I'd like to try, "the strawberry parfait" I continued.

The waiter came back with a jug of iced water and started filling our second glass with water. "Have you decided yet? I could give you another moment if you would like" he offered. "We have decided" Natsu answered him and we gave him our order.