Chapter 83 - Best Man

Natsu's POV

So much to do! It has been a month since I proposed to my fiancé Lucy and I couldn't be happier. We have set a date for our wedding to be on the 7th of July next year and wedding planning is in full swing. I can't wait for her to officially become Mrs Dragneel. On top of our wedding planning, I've been busy with the usual paperwork and organising missions for the mafia to wipe out Acnologia's drug off the market. We had found out along the way that he called his drug 'Drug 7'. So far it's been going well but it is tricky finding every supplier.

Currently, Lucy was going dress hunting with the girls. I wondered what type of dress she was going to get. A-line, ballgown, mermaid, or any of the other styles. No matter which dress I imagined Lucy to be in when I see her walk down the aisle, she was always beautiful. A slap on the back of the head woke me up from my daydream of our wedding day. "Focus, we need to sort out the wedding venue. Have you and Lucy decided on a venue?" Gray asked. I smiled, remembering Lucy and I discussing our dream wedding a few nights ago.

"We decided to have a beach wedding under the stars on my private island" I replied. "Nice, so we'll need to organise lights, flowers, chairs and the altar" he said as he made a list in a notebook. There was also one other thing I needed to sort out, my best man. I already had someone in mind to be my best man but it's so hard and awkward to ask. As soon as our engagement had been announced, Lucy immediately asked Levy to be her Maid of Honour and the other girls to be bridesmaids.

I took a deep breath. "Gray" I called out and caught his attention. "Do you mind-um-becoming my best man?" I asked. He smirked, "sure Flame Brain" he replied. I'm happy he said yes but... "What did you call me Ice Stripper?!" I argued and then we clashed heads. Without Erza around, we began fighting with our bare hands. We fought until we both fell to the floor in exhaustion.

"Oi Natsu, I've got a question for ya" Gray said while puffing on the floor beside me. I hummed between puffs, waiting to hear his question. "Why didn't you ask Happy to be your best man? I would've thought you'd ask him first" he asked. I smirked at his question and decided to answer it with a question of my own. "Why can't a man have a best man and a best cat at his wedding?" I replied. There was a short moment of silence before Gray began laughing. "I should've known you'd do something that crazy" he said and I just smiled.

Gray sat up and I decided to sit up too. "Well, as your best man, I think we need to buy you a special suit" he said. I smirked, "great idea. See, there was a reason I asked you to be my best man. Let's gather the boys and head out" I replied. Time for a boys day out.