Chapter 82 - Special Date Night: Part 3

Lucy's POV

So far the night has been amazing. We finished our delicious starter and main, and now we were waiting for our dessert. Natsu made me laugh a lot as we talked through each meal. This was definitely the best date I've ever had in my life. Suddenly I noticed Natsu's demeanour change to nervous but serious. I wonder what's going on with him?

He stood up from his seat and put his hand in his jacket pocket. My heart raced in my chest as I anticipated what was going to happen next. He dropped down to one knee beside the table, facing me. 'Is he?!' I thought in surprise. If this was a dream then don't wake me up. All eyes around the restaurant turned towards us.

"I have loved you since I first laid my eyes on you and as we have travelled through this adventure together, I have grown to love you more and more" he started. I covered my mouth in surprise and held the happy tears from falling. "Lucy Heartfilia, will you marry me and become my queen?" he asked. Oh my gosh, he's really asking me the big question and I had no doubt on my answer.

I noticed a familiar figure standing ahead of me at the back of the restaurant. It was Laxus, smiling happily. He gave me a confident nod and I couldn't help but let the happy tears slip down my cheeks. I couldn't believe Laxus, my big brother, was here to witness this important moment in my life. I looked back down at Natsu and gave him my answer. "Yes, a thousand times yes!" I said as I stood up. He smiled happily and stood up to put the engagement ring on my left hand and kiss me on the lips. Everyone watching us applauded with congratulations.

We separated and Natsu helped me back into my seat. I looked back at where Laxus was and I saw he was gone. My eyes scanned the restaurant until I spotted him leaving out the exit. 'Thanks Laxy' I thought and then looked down to admire my engagement ring. It was a gold band with a light pink diamond in between engravings of flames and stars around the band. I couldn't think of a prettier engagement ring for this occasion.

Natsu caught my attention when he picked up his champagne glass. "To our future" he said in a toast with a big smile. I picked up my champagne glass and clinked mine with his. "To our future" I repeated with a bright smile and then we took a sip. After we put down our glasses, I decided to mention Laxus. "I saw you invited Laxus to share this moment with us. Thank you" I said. He smiled, "he is your big brother, of course he needs to see this important moment of your life" he replied. "Remember how I ran out in a hurry this morning?" he added. I wasn't sure how this was related to Laxus but I nodded.

"Well, since you don't have a father, I was asking him for your hand in marriage" he explained. More happy tears started to fall. I couldn't believe it, Laxus gave Natsu his blessing. After all the times he kicked up about me dating any man, he finally gave Natsu his blessing. I almost thought it would be impossible.

Natsu freaked out at my crying. "Why are you crying now?!" he exclaimed as he pulled out the handkerchief from his chest pocket and walked around the table to wipe my tears away. "I can't believe you asked Laxus for his blessing" I replied happily. He relaxed his shoulders and smiled. He returned to his seat and held my hands across the table. Our waiter came back with our desserts and offered us congratulations on our engagement.

The night ended with fireworks at the top of the restaurant as we walked out of the building. We shared another kiss under the fireworks before walking to his car and driving back to our place.