Chapter 70 - Business Dinner

Lucy's POV

Oh I'm so nervous about tonight's business dinner. I was in the bathroom, doing the final touches to my makeup in the mirror. The girls helped me find a beautiful long red dress the other day. The dress had two shoulder straps, a v-neck and a slit going up the side of my leg. Finishing off the look, I was wearing red stiletto heels. The only jewellery I was wearing was the promise ring Natsu gave me.

As I finished putting on my red lipstick, I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Are you almost finished Lucy? Natsu will be here soon to pick you up" I heard Laxus' voice on the other side. "Yep" I replied and then opened the bathroom door. Laxus stared at me in awe. "You look beautiful" he said and I lightly smiled. I hope Natsu thinks so too. "As beautiful as our mother" he added which made my heart warm.

Laxus shook his head out of his light trance. "Natsu better bring you home by eleven. No later, understand?" he said. "Yes dad" I joked and he raised his eyebrow. "Yes Laxus" I corrected and then gave him a hug. As we separated the hug, we heard the doorbell ring. Laxus walked ahead of me as we walked toward the front door. He opened the door and blocked my view of who was at the door.

There was a moment of silence before I heard Laxus say "sup". "Ah sup, is Lucy ready?" I heard Natsu's voice reply. Laxus turned his body to the side to reveal me and Natsu's jaw dropped. I smiled brightly at him. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie matching my dress. Laxus leaned close to my hear and proudly whispered "dramatic reveal, always works." I lightly hit him on the chest with a chuckle. He chuckled and then walked over to the lounge to watch some TV. "Have fun" he said with a single wave of his hand.

I turned my attention back to Natsu and noticed he was still staring at me except he closed his mouth. "You look...beautiful" he said in awe, and I couldn't help but blush at his compliment. "Thank you. You look handsome too" I replied with an honest compliment of my own. He blushed slightly before holding out his hand to me. "Ready to go?" he asked and I didn't hesitate to take his hand. "Let's go" I replied and then we walked out the door.

We headed downstairs to the Lobby where we met our security team, which was made up of Gajeel, Levy, Alzack, Bisca, Gray, Juvia, Erza and Wendy. Gajeel and Levy were in charge of watching all the security cameras in and around the event. Alzack and Bisca were our snipers perched on nearby buildings in case something happens. Gray and Juvia were a part of our escort, they will be in the room with us. Both were dressed up, Gray was in a dark navy suit with an ice blue tie and Juvia was in a matching ice blue long dress. Lastly, Erza and Wendy were on standby in the van in case any of us needs medical attention. With Acnologia targeting me and Natsu, Natsu wasn't taking any chances.

"Everyone ready?" Natsu asked them and they all nodded. "Then let's go" he said and then we walked outside to the three parked vehicles. The first two vehicles were black cars, one for Gray and Juvia, and one for me and Natsu. The third vehicle was a black van for the rest of the team. "Hey Lucy" Levy called out before I got into the car. She showed me a small black case and opened it up to reveal an earpiece. "It's your very own earpiece so you can hear everything we say" she said. I took the earpiece and put it in my right ear. "Thanks Levy" I said with a smile and then hopped into the car.

After a peaceful twenty-minute drive, we arrived at our destination. It was a fancy skyscraper building similar as Dragneel Inc but not as tall. Natsu said the party is being held in the event hall on the second floor from the top right underneath the penthouse.

As our car pulled up to the round driveway, a butler opened the door for us. Natsu handed the keys to the valet before moving to my side and grasping my hand. Together we walked inside and took the elevator up to the event hall. The entire hall was painted top to bottom with different shades of gold and hanging from the roof at the centre of the hall was a bright glass chandelier. The business dinner was going to be split into two parts. The first part was socialising and networking with other businesses, and the second part was the actual dinner.

"Ah Mr Dragneel. It's so nice to see you" a man said happily as he walked over to greet us. "It nice to see you too, Mr White. Lucy, this is David White the host of this dinner" Natsu introduces me to him. I gave Mr White a smile, "it's really nice to meet you, Mr White. Natsu has told me how important of a business friend you are" I said and he smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Miss..." he said, pausing for me to jump in. "Lucy Heartfilia" I told him. "What a lovely name Miss Heartfilia. Should I assume you two are a couple?" he asked. "Yes we are so don't you get any ideas on hitting on my girlfriend" Natsu joked with a chuckle. Mr White laughed, "you know I'm happily married to my wife" he said.

His face lit up slightly as he suddenly had an idea. "Oh Mr Dragneel, you must meet my new business partner. He's very successful and I could possibly introduce you two" he said. "I'd be happy to meet with him" Natsu replied. We followed him to a person who had his back to us as he was talking to another person. The man had long unkempt dark blue hair and wore a dark navy suit. My gut suddenly had a bad feeling. "Excuse me Mr Acnologia, there's someone I'd like to introduce to you" Mr White said to the man and both Natsu and I stiffened. The man turned around and to our surprise it was Acnologia.