Broken

I never really had been interested in discussions about war and fights. I didn't even try to concentrate on the conversation between Lord Bolton and Petyr Baelish. But I suppressed a yawn nevertheless because it would have been considered as ungracious. Instead I mind my own thoughts. I still wasn't able to comprehend why my body had found it so appealing to get touched by Ramsay. The rumours kept on wandering around my mind the whole time. I glanced over to Ramsays plate which was loaded with similar food as mine, but his piece of meat was bigger. When his knife cut into the venison I could see it was almost raw. Red liquid started to spread on the plate. I pressed my jaw together tightly to hide my disgust. At least mine had been grilled properly. Still, I couldn't stop myself from following the piece as he brought it to his mouth. He licked over his lips but he didn't proceed. My eyes wandered up to his and I realized he had caught me staring. With a grin he finally put the food into his mouth. I felt my cheeks heat up while I looked somewhere else.
I was relieved that Sansa hadn't noticed any of it. She was to occupied in paying attention to the current conversation. But someone else did. Baelish leaned over to me and covered my ear with his hand.
"I would advise you to stop, Lady Yara. It isn't considered as appropriate to stare at the future husband of your sister."
"Yes, mylord", I answered through gritted teeth.
He was right. I definitely had to stop. I shouldn't be interested in him at all. Actually I should be glad that I wouldn't be the one who would be forced into a marriage with a man like him. But I doubted that Baelish didn't have a plan for me as well. He was a man who always acted for his own advantage after all.
I decided that the food would get my whole attention for the rest of the evening. But even this plan was doomed to fail when the door opened and someone came inside. I almost dropped my fork while my eyes widened in shock.
"That's impossible...", I whispered.
Sansa gasped in surprise when she spotted the person as well. Ramsay turned around and even if I couldn't see his face I was able to hear the enjoyment in his voice when he addressed the man.
"Reek, I wonder where you have been. Come and greet our dear guests."
How had he called him? Why had Ramsay given someone such a name? Slowly the man approached us, his feet shuffled across the floor. He had his head down so I wasn't able to take a look at his face properly. But I didn't need to. I already knew who he was.
"Lord Baelish. Lady Sansa. Lady Yara", he greeted us. Every single word came strained out of his mouth.
"Lift your head, Reek. I am sure they would like to see your face."
Then my gaze met his. I had looked into his eyes many times before but I never had seen something like that. It was like he wanted to show me all the things that had been done to him. I was certain Ramsay hadn't just tortured him. There wasn't much left of the man I once had known so well. Ramsay had broken him.
"Theon..."
I blinked away the tears that were about to build. Nobody should see my reaction. I swallowed my anger down. After everything Theon had done I still felt sorry for him. It was true he had betrayed our people. But despite everyone had been talking about how he killed my brothers I never believed them. Even if Theon never wanted to live in Winterfell in the first place we had been like siblings to him. He would have never harmed any of us.
Maybe if I would be able to tell him that I forgave him I would get information out of him. At least I had to try.