Promise

"You can't just call me like one of your dogs", I complained as soon as I entered his chambers.
There was no particular reason why I was mad at him. The maester had told me I was moody most of the time because of the pregnancy. He claimed it made me unpredictable. Ramsay usually didn't mind if I snapped at him because most of the time I relieved my aggressions when I was in bed with him. But I hadn't seen him for a few days now because he had been out for a hunt. So no possibility to ease my stress which resulted in more mood swings.
"I am sorry, my love. But I wasn't able to come to you by myself."
Then my eyes spotted the woman who sat in a chair on the other side of the room. Her hands were tied up behind her back. There were ropes around her feet as well which made her almost unable to move. It didn't stop her from glaring at Ramsay full of hatred though.
"Who is this woman?", I asked Ramsay.
"A wildling. I caught her together with a Stark boy in the woods."
"Which one?", I asked surprised.
"Rickon."
"Where is he? I demand to see him!"
"I am afraid I can't allow that."
"What?", I shouted. "Why not?"
"I don't know how much of a Stark is still inside of you. It might corrupt the progress we have made so far."
I wanted to say something, something not so nice, but I was interrupted by the wildling woman.
"You are Yara Stark!", she realized.
Ramsay slapped his hand across her face which let her head flew to the side.
"She is a Bolton now!", Ramsay corrected her.
"Yet you are afraid I might be not" I replied while I crossed my arms in front of my chest.
"That's the reason why you are here. You get the chance to give me the final proof. You are going to kill the wildling who was supposed to protect your brother."
"Lady Yara. Don't listen to him. You have to save Rickon."
Ramsay hit her again, harder this time. Her lower lip bursted open and she had to spit out a tooth.
"Kill her and I am going to allow you to see your brother. Perhaps I'll be even gracious towards him.
He placed a knife in my hand. When I didn't move at all he grabbed me by the shoulders and shoved me in front of the wildling.
"Aim for her throat", he suggested.
The wildling woman and I stared at each other for a while. She had given up to pull me on her side. I could see in her eyes she was ready to die. I had seen this look at many of my previous victims. But she wasn't like them. Her only crime had been protecting my brother. I couldn't kill her for that.
"If you are still hesitating ... she tried to cut my throat with the same knife you are holding in your hand right now", he told me, his lips close to my ear.
I knew by the grim expression on her face that Ramsay didn't lie. She had tried to kill my husband. The father of my unborn child. This thought inflamed my rage and helped me indeed to make a step forward. I didn't hesitate to let the sharp knife glide over her skin. The blood streamed down her chest with every heartbeat. My hands turned red. This satisfied feeling of taking someones life flooded through my body. I let the blade fall to the ground and turned around to Ramsay who smiled at me approvingly. He pulled me towards him to connect his lips with mine. I placed my hands on the sides of his neck to press him against my body even more. I smeared blood all over his skin. He didn't seem to mind though.
"I knew you wouldn't disappoint me."
Then he let go off me to walk over to the door.
"Make sure Lady Bolton doesn't leave this room", he ordered the guard who stood outside.
My mind went blank. I felt a painful sting in my heart when I realized that it had never been his intention to let me see my brother. But not just that. He had tricked me. Again. I hated myself that I had started to feel safe around him. I had left my hound in the kennels today. There was no one who would help me now.
"You promised!", I shouted furiously.
I jumped towards him and wanted to punch this smug grin out of his face. But he had seen it coming and grabbed me by my wrists to stop me.
"After all this time you know me you must have discovered that I have never been good in keeping promises."
He nodded to the guard and I felt strong hands wrapping around my body and pulling me away from Ramsay. I tried to free myself but it was no use. The guard was almost two heads taller than me and had arms like a bear.
"You ... you bastard!", I screamed.
His smile froze. He didn't like when I called him like that.
"You know, I want to believe you. I really do." He caressed my cheek. I turned my head and tried to bite him but he pulled his hand away quickly. "But as long as there is only one Stark alive I can't be sure if you'll run back to your family some day."
I spat into his face. He didn't even bother to wipe it away.
"No matter what you do I am not going to hurt you", he promised. "Not while you are carrying my son in your womb."
He made his way over to the door.
"I'll let you out after I killed the last one of your siblings. Then there will be only you and me."
It sounded more like a threat than a promise.