Skin

I had tried to talk to Theon several times but I never encountered him alone. Besides I didn't have the impression he wanted to speak with me at all. Every time I addressed him he glared at Ramsay with terror in his eyes. So I gave up eventually.
I avoided Sansa most of the time because I couldn't endure her naivety. I had thought that after she had seen what Ramsay had done to Theon she would start to believe me that Ramsay wasn't the polite man he pretended to be. But instead she got blinded by her hatred towards Theon because she still believed he had killed our brothers.
Ramsays false kindness made me sick in the stomach. That was why I kept my distance from him as well. It was certainly not the fact that I felt strangely attracted to him. I had always been so sure of myself. But now it seemed like my mind and my body didn't agree for the first time in my life.
The only thing I knew was that I had to leave the castle for a few hours. But as soon as I wanted to saddle my mare I was stopped by one of the guards. He told me that no one was allowed to leave without the permission of Lord Bolton. Like one simple soldier would stop me. I had lived here since I had been born so I knew Winterfell better than any other place in the world. It didn't take long to exit the walls through one of the secret ways.
I hurried to enter the woods before anyone could spot me. With a small smile on my face I simply enjoyed the sound my boots made when they hit the fresh snow. The leather clothings I had stolen from one of the storage rooms made it easy for me to sprint through the forest. After I had pushed myself over the limits I climbed up a tree. While I caught my breath I searched the floor for possible traces. I had planned to hunt a rabbit or a squirrel with the bow I had also gathered. It took a while but eventually a white rabbit appeared between some bushes. I waited patiently until the animal was in the perfect shooting range. The arrow got stuck right between the eyes, exactly where I had wanted to place it. Satisfaction rushed through my body while I climbed down the tree. Because I had skipped breakfast I decided to roast it over the fire right away.
Luckily I found enough dry wood to lit up a fire. I pulled off my gloves and stored them in my pockets. Then I got my knife out of my boot and started to prepare the rabbit. Just when I was about to skin it I heard approaching footsteps. I could tell that the person tried his best to be quiet but he wasn't able to fool me. There was only one person who would have considered to follow me.
"There is no use in hiding, mylord", I addressed the man loud enough for him to be heard.
Someone in dark clothings appeared left to me but I didn't find the need to lift my head.
"Didn't the guards told you that no one is allowed to leave the castle?"
I could have been mistaken but he didn't sound angry at all.
"Of course they did, mylord. And I can reassure you that your guards did a very good job in trying to keep me inside."
"Not well enough it seems."
He came closer and kneeled down beside me. When I finally lifted my head I almost backed away. His face was dangerously close, his lips only a few inches away from mine. His smug smile made my mind went blank. Then he broke eyecontact to watch me how I skinned the rabbit with skilful fingers. I could tell that he was slightly impressed. After I finished I cleaned the knife and my hands with snow. The ground beneath my feet turned red.
"I get the impression you are not very fond of acting like a lady usually should."
"I have to disappoint you, mylord. But I am not anything like Sansa or any other lady you might know", I told him which made him chuckle.
"Well, I wouldn't say it bothers me."
"Why should it? Usually I shouldn't be your concern at all."
"Then you shouldn't give me any reason to let my mind wander over to you repeatedly, mylady."
"It was never my intention, mylord."
He raised an eyebrow.
"Is that so? Then I advise you to stop watching me constantly."
"Like I would ever waste a second look on a bastard like you."
I hadn't wanted to say it out loud but once again my tongue had been faster than my mind. His smile froze and he glared at me like he wanted to kill me right away. Before I was able to apologize I felt his hand on my throat. My body was lifted up and I was pushed against one of the trees. His face was close enough I could feel his hot breath on my cold skin. A strange feeling I had never experienced before started to spread in my chest.
"Never use that word on me ever again or you will regret it!", he growled.
Something stirred between my legs by the dangerously low sound of his voice. I felt the desire of getting touched by him there but I didn't dare to move. I didn't want to know what would happen if I would give in. This smug smile from before appeared on his face again.
"I hold your life in my hand right now. Yet you aren't afraid."
I wanted to say something but he squeezed my throat tightly. Only a choked gasp came out of my mouth. My lungs started to crave for air but I wasn't able to breath at all. But he was right. Even now I didn't feel anxious at all. He wouldn't dare to kill me.
"But you will! I will make you fear me!"
Finally he let go of my throat a little bit. I started to suck in the air in a long deep breath. But before I even got half of the amount of required oxygen I felt his lips against mine. His kiss was harsh and merciless. Before I was able to process what was happening I felt a sharp pain rushing through my system when he bit hard on my lip. I gasped in surprise which he took as an opportunity to slip a tongue inside my mouth. I tasted the copper-like flavour of my own blood. Because I got overwhelmed by my emotions I had to close my eyes. I couldn't hold back a moan while he started to suck on the wound he had created with his teeth moments ago.
Then his hand and his mouth were gone. When I opened my eyes I saw that Ramsay had taken a few steps back. Absently I licked over the wound on my lip while my hand wandered up to touch my sore throat.
"Wear a scarf to hide the bruises as soon as you return to the castle", he commanded.
I nodded obediently. Then I felt anger rising in my chest when he bent down to pick up the rabbit. But I didn't dare to protest when he went back to Winterfell without saying another word leaving me alone with my racing mind.