24| Secret

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Secret

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 24: Secret (Michael's POV)

"Have you kept the necklace on since that night?" I asked, lying on my side and watching her, holding my head in my hand and keeping my elbow propped up. 

"No," she shook her head sheepishly. "I took it off after that night but then put it back on later." 

"Why?" I reached over, flipping the locket over so it was right side up. 

She tucked the covers under her arms so they covered her from the chest down and rolled onto her side, facing me too. "I went through a box." 

"A box?" I asked, already knowing what she was talking about. 

She hummed, nodding. "I have a box in my closet with all our stuff in it. Everything you've ever given me. Cards, our pictures, that wooden box, your clothes. I took your clothes back out though. They're hanging in my closet," she mumbled, biting back a smile. 

"And that includes the t-shirt you wore in New York?" 

"Maybe," she grinned. 

"Maybe?" I teased, leaning in. 

She turned the other way, rolling onto her back, laughing softly. I chuckled, leaning over and hovering over her, tucking her hair behind her ear. She stared at me, blinking. Her eyes scanned my face, lingering on my lips before meeting mine again. She lifted a hand, holding one side of my face while her thumb stroked my cheek. "I love you," she whispered. 

"I love you, Amelia," I mumbled, leaning down while holding my weight off of her and kissed her. Her arms went around my neck and she pulled me in closer, deepening the kiss. I pecked her lips one last time after a minute and pulled back to look at her. 

She exhaled softly and then blinked in realization. "That's all we're today, aren't we?" 

"What do you mean?" I acted dumb, frowning in fake confusion. 

"I mean you're not taking those briefs off, are you?" 

"Why do you think so?" I laughed. "You think I don't want to have sex with you?" 

"I think you have a training session at the gym. In about twenty minutes?" 

"She remembers?" I mused. 

She rolled her eyes. "Haha. She's still your assistant," she whispered. 

"About that..." 

She nodded, telling me to go on despite knowing that she might not like what I have to say. 

I'm not letting her lose this job and I'm not losing her in any way either. Assistant or... I don't know what we are yet. But I know what I do and don't want. "We can't tell anybody about this, Lia." 

"I know that, Michael," she gave me a small smile, brushing my hair back. 

"You know why, right? Because I don't want you to lose your job because of me. I still want you as my assistant, my routine and career would fall apart without you. That means..." I sighed, kissing her cheek softly. "You'll be my little secret," I whispered in her ear, my lips brushing against it.