25| Different

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Different

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 25: Different (Amelia's POV)

It's now Thursday night, which means Michael has a game tomorrow. 

Throughout this week, we've kept things as secretive as we could. I don't think anybody's suspicious except for my own family, who I am more or less avoiding. They keep calling me over for dinner and I know once I go they'll corner me and either I'll end up blurting it out or they'll do something like tickle me until I can't hold it in anymore. So I'm just giving all the excuses I can. 

I spent Sunday here as well and then on Monday morning, we stopped by my apartment where I got ready and then we headed to the rink for practice. He stole a kiss before we entered the stadium and then I sat with the others, trying not to look at him every few seconds, trying not to smile too much, too wide. I tried keeping my giddiness inside of me. 

"Hey," Kimberly, Lucas' assistant, turned to me. "So, how come you and Michael stayed in New York an extra night?" 

I blinked in confusion. Oh right, we weren't on the bus with them on the way back. "Um... Michael had to stay back for something personal so this time around I stayed back too, just in case he needed any help." 

"Something like family personal?" Lucy probed. 

"Does... Does Michael even have family in New York?" Kimberley questioned. 

I huffed, "Do you guys really think we should be talking about this? It's his personal matter. Anyway, where the hell is Demi?" 

They all shared a look and then Maya turned to me. "You don't know?" 

"No..." I said slowly. 

"She was fired," she sighed, seeming very sad and disappointed about it. 

That's how I felt as well as disbelief. I gasped loudly, "What? Why?" 

"We don't know," Lucy shrugged. 

"Something must have gone wrong in New York but the rumors cannot be true," Kimberly scoffed. 

"What rumors?" I questioned. 

Maya explained, "Articles are everywhere about Demi and Vince sleeping together. Lia, where have you been?" She watched me with a suspicious gaze. 

"I've uh, been with my sister. My parents are visiting and she's pregnant, so I haven't read anything. But... How the hell did this happen? Did they really...?" 

"We have no idea," Maya said, "but it's not our business, right?" 

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah. We shouldn't talk about this. But has anybody called Demi? Is she okay? Is Vince okay?" 

"Vince is... well, he's—" 

There was a loud bang coming from the rink. We all shot up and rushed out as soon as we could, standing around the railing, peering in. Michael and Christian tried taking Vince to the side to speak to him, but he wasn't having any of it and from the looks of it, he just flung his hockey stick towards the rink which is where it crashed off of and made that bang.