39| Epilogue 1

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue 1

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Epilogue 1: (Amelia's POV)

Three years later...

"Are you ready?" Cameron sang, fixing the veil on my head. 

"No," I said, a rushed breath escaping me. 

She looked at me blankly through the mirror and then bent down, still standing behind me but leaning down to whisper in my ear. "You've been living with this guy for three years, in love with him for nearly ten. What is the problem? He's already seen you at your worst, hasn't he?" 

I glared at her. "Cameron—" 

"Crying, throwing up, picking your nose," she shrugged, "so, what's the big deal?" 

"The big deal is that I'm getting married today!" 

She patted my shoulders. "Calm down. I'm going to leave you alone for a bit." 

"Please do, because Madeline's been crying for nearly thirty minutes and you won't calm her down." 

She rolled her eyes and picked up the three-year-old, talking to her in a sing-song voice. 

"Bad mommy," I scoffed, putting my earrings on. 

"Bad mommy," Madeline mumbled, sucking her thumb. 

I laughed softly as she left, closing the door behind her. I sighed, adjusting the veil that flowed down my back and meeting my reflection's gaze. I took in a breath. Now all I had to do was wait for Dad to come get me and walk me down the aisle to Michael. My fiancé. My husband-to-be in... ten minutes? I shook out my hands, hoping to ease the nerves. It feels like it was just yesterday when he proposed. 

How has a year already gone by? Michael proposed to me a year ago on my birthday. Where? In Miami. Exactly where we met. 

It was during the off-season. We took a trip together to Miami, which was Michael's idea. He said he wanted to revisit where we first met and go around Miami together again. He'd been dropping hints. And I was just blind. 

"The sunset looks so pretty," I chuckled as we settled down in one spot, sitting on the sand as it slowly cooled down. I turned to him, feeling his gaze on me. "What?" I asked, leaning in teasingly. 

"Nothing," he whispered with a smile, shaking his head softly. 

I scooted closer, resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Our real estate agent called," he said after a while. 

I straightened up. "Did we get the house?" Michael and I had been trying to buy this house together for some time but there was another family competing with us for it. We agreed that spending two years in that penthouse wasn't enough anymore. We wanted a real house together, we wanted to take the next step in our lives, we wanted to get closer to our ultimate future.