31| Ready

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Ready

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 31: Ready (Amelia's POV)

That night, Donna and uncle Mason called us for a quick drop-in at her gallery where there was another exhibition tonight. So, Michael got dressed first and then we went to my apartment where I did the same. 

We spent the entire time at the gallery roaming around, talking. Luckily for us, photographs and cameras are not allowed into Reliquary so we didn't have to worry about cameras. I was able to hold his hand, hug his arm, sit with him in front of a painting and stare at it and we talked on and on, had conversations that definitely stemmed from the painting but ended on a completely different topic. At the end of the night, we said goodnight to Donna and his uncle and then left. 

As usual- the new usual, at least- Michael said he'd drive me home and then ended up driving to his apartment. 

I, for one, fell asleep on the ride back. When I woke up, the car was just pulling into the parking lot. I decided to take it a little further and pretended to sleep a little longer. 

The car turned off and he didn't wake me. His door opened, he stepped out, and the door closed. But then my door opened and he reached forward, picking me up, careful not to let my head bump into the top of the car. He kicked the car door shut and set my feet on the ground. "Lia," he whispered, leaning me against the car and softly stroking my cheek with his knuckles. "Amelia," he said a little louder but still softly. 

I hummed softly but didn't open my eyes. I heard the car beep as it locked before he picked me back up, carrying me inside. It was when the elevator closed that he looked down at me. I was squinting to see him but when he looked down, I closed my eyes quickly. 

"I know you're awake," he snickered. 

I peeked one eye open and then the other, smiling sheepishly. "Good morning?" 

He set me down slowly, holding onto my waist and backing me up slowly into the wall. "Good morning," he grinned, tilting my chin up and leaning in. 

I was already wearing heels with the white satin, full-sleeve cutout dress, so I couldn't exactly go on my toes, but I tried. 

He chuckled softly and instead of kissing my lips, he kissed the tip of my nose. My eyes narrowed playfully and his hand moved to one side of my face, his thumb continuously stroking my cheek as he leaned in and kissed me. Slowly at first, almost savoring me, and then he stopped, pausing and l grabbed onto his shirt, pulling him in closer, my breathing shaky. "More?" he asked, smirking. 

I nodded. "Much more." I pulled his lips back to mine. We're so frantic all over again with this. We stumble out of the elevator, barely maintaining our balance. I kick my heels to the side, his shoes fly off somewhere too. 

His hand goes to the base of my neck, pulling me deeper into the kiss. 

Eager, so eager. Desperate. Carnal. 

I moan softly against his lips while his hands find the zipper to my dress. 

He yanks it down so hard that it gets caught and once it's caught, he doesn't bother. If he can't my clothes off of me, ever, even in the past, he doesn't care. He just rips them off of me anyway. I heard a small tear and we both froze. He blinked at me, barely pulling away. "Sorry," he mumbled.