chapter 4

"You guys go back home. I'll be back later, alright. " I say as I head out of the shop, to go and get vander heading to the docks, taking rights and lefts around corners.

Once at the docks I look for an entrance "a window or door would be nice" as I continually look for some way in.

"Bingo" I whispered. Going through the broken window, slightly cutting my arm on in. on the way in going around the place as quietly as I can.

Looking around a corner see vander and then see Vi, Mylo and Claggor go up to him as I join them, "I thought I told you to stay" you whispered.

"Vi" Vander say as Vi hugs him "what are you doing here?"

"We're breakin' you out." She says looking him in the eyes.

"Mylo"

"On it" as he goes and lock picks the lock that's keeping vander on the chair.

"How... how did you get in? There's guards everywhere."

"Well I found a broken window and got in by that, don't know how they got in," I said pointing my finger at them "it was easy. We found an open window and.." then she stops speaking after she realised what's happened.

"You have to get out. Now." He speaks worryingly.

"Welcome" hearing it echo around us, as we look around to figure out where it came from, as we all stay quiet.

Slico walks into view clapping his hand slowly " You have my congratulations. But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." As people come out from where he appeared from.

"Have you heard the rumours? Vander the coward fled town with his children. And they were never seen again." Grabbing my daggers, looking over to see if Mylo had gotten Vander free yet, nope he's still working on it.

"Claggor, see if you can find another way out of here," Vi says as she puts on her metal gauntlets.

"Okay".

"You don't have to do this," Vander says.

"Yes, I do" Vi Say as she turns her back and gets ready to fight them.

"VI!" Vander shouts as she stands across from a tall guy as we all watch in silence as he lifts his weapon and then it goes straight towards her, blocking it with her gauntlets then she punches him right under the chin, he flys backwards, landing on his back, laying on the bridge.

As they keep coming she blocks, dodging them and punching them.

I go help Mylo with the locks, undoing them slowly one by one.

Looking back to the bridge to see a man drink a tube of a glowing purple liquid as he drank it. his whole body turned bigger purple veins making a horrible screaming sound. After vi was done with the last one in the fight.

The thing started walking towards her, throwing someone off the bridge as it goes by.

"Mylo, Darci, hurry," Vander says fast, as Vi jumps Into the air to attack as she is about to land it, the thing grab her by the neck holding her there for a bit.

"Silco. Let her go. This is between you and me." Vander shouts.

"You had your chance".

Vi then gets thrown down to the ground, trying to get away from the monster as it walks towards her.

"Vi."vander says desperately, Claggor digging into the wall faster, me and Mylo almost finished with the locks, Vi getting in and shutting the door as fast as she could before it got in.

"You did good," vander says.

The monster still trying to get in banging at the door.

After getting the last lock done, vander slowly gets up, and then a blast of blue light like an explosion breaks right through the wall, rubble hitting us as I cover my eyes the rest of my face safe from my mask.

Claggor and Mylo, go flying across the room into the wall as a metal pipe goes into Mylo's shoulder as he tries to get it out when he looks up to see a part of the ceiling collapses landing right on top of them, knowing that they were gone, I close my eyes for a bit then. And falling over something on top of my leg.

Opening my eyes I see near vander me, pain so much pain, as down at myself seeing cuts and bruises starting to form, looking around seeing Vi crying, trying to lift the parts of concrete off me, Vander getting it off him as he stands up, watching as he walks out and goes right into a fight, getting it off me as best as I could, get out finding my daggers to go and help him.

As am about to get there, he gets stabbed in the back by slico, vander turns around and grabs him by the neck.

"I knew you still had it in you. And one more thing what happen to y/n" he asks.

"She's gone," vander says as Slico pushes him down to the ground from the bridge.

"Find the girl and the one with the mask," he says pointing at his head, taking off my mask and dropping it on the ground then running off to get Vi, when I get there, I try to pull her out, but the monster gets there first lifting the part of the rubble and throwing it away.

The ground shakes a bit as the monster suddenly gets slammed into the wall, by vander "he must have taken that purple liquid" I think as we make eye contact, it's been a while since he last saw my face, his eyes winded.

"Slico!" he says turning around looking at him but deciding against it as he turned back and grabs us, jumping out of the building as it exploded with fire.

"Vander. Vander...".

"Take care of powder, y/n look after them, alright." vander says as he takes his last breath.

"No!" Vi screams in pain

Seeing powder come from around the corner "Vi, Darci. It worked. " she says happily.

"What?"

"Did you see me? My monkey bomb finally worked."

"You did this? Why? Why did you do this?" Vi asked.

"I... I didn't... I was saving you. I only wanted to help." As she starts crying "I only wanted to help, I only wanted to help, I only wanted to--

"I told you to stay away," Vi says

"Please. Please. Please--

"I told you to stay!" She shouts as she turns to powder and punches her.

"No. Why did you leave me?" She screams tears flowing down her face.

"Because you're a Jinx. Do you hear me? Mylo was right." Vi says grabbing her face.

"No. No. No. No. Violet, please" standing up the ground and pulling vi away from powder before it can get worst

"powder doesn't know what she did wrong she was only trying to help, Vi," I say looking at her.

Violet filled with anger as she walks off.

"Vi! Vi, come back! Please come back!" Powder shouts.

Sitting down and grabbing powder and putting her into a hug "hay, hay look at me." I say wiping some of the tears off her face as I continue hugging her as I look down at my legs and arms am losing too much blood there's cut deep cuts everywhere from that explosion.

"Hay powder, I will always be with you always, you got that" my eyes grow heavy as I lose my grip on the hug as I fall back.

"Darci, Darci! Hay don't go you promise me! You'll always be there, please.. p..please" she says through sobs.

"Hello, little girl. Where is you sister" I hear.

"She left me, she is not my sister anymore. " powder says angrily.

"It's okay. We'll show them. We will show them all."

"Can you help my friend? I don't know what's wrong with sh-- is the last thing I hear before everything goes dark and quiet.

And the feeling of someone picking you up.