Hello...

As reality hit me I could hear perfectly, slowly opening my eyes I saw who I did not expect to see...
____________________________________________

No more pictures btw, but can you guess who it is? 👀 there's a hint
____________________________________________

"The fuck?"

As the two looked at me in surprise, I was confused. There's no way that's possible right? I mean yes, he died during the war that broke everyone, that broke me. We never were the same after that, and we lost him...

I've gotta be crazy to ever believe he would be here. Standing there, as if nothing happened then. As if we didn't witness him in Naruto's arms...

As if he didn't die a painful death...

He can't be alive...

Squeezing my eyes shut I repeated to myself. This is a lie...

It's not real. Don't fall for it...

He died...

You died...

He can't be here, you must be going crazy...

"Yeah no shit, he kicked the bucket before you, suck it up."

Letting a silent tear fall I opened my eyes again.

With that sickly soothing voice, " Hello, Sakura... long time no see," he could be the death of me.

"Hello..."

It was Neji. The real Neji. The Neji who was part of the Konoha 11... The guy who left his team behind. The guy who sacrificed himself to save his village...

He left us alone to bear with the burden. To deal with the aftermath of his death, knowing no ninja should show their emotions. Knowing we can't turn to others for help because you'd be labeled as weak. The loneliness and regret of being helplessly useless while your friend was dying. Knowing you couldn't do a single thing to help him. Yet knowing you tried to do nothing productive. It tore you apart from the inside.

It was a man's burden... A shinobi's burden; to not show a single twinge of emotion. Emotions are a shinobi's weakness. And no showing emotions would be a shinobi's downfall...

Slowly ripping ourselves apart in this playhouse of death we call our home. The same home that would allow their brethren to die as long as it would surpass the others, as long as they're seen as the hero...

And not the weak and useless nation they glue together to make us seem the happiest; that make it seem as we aren't suffering...

I wanted to give up so many times there, I thought there wouldn't be any harm in taking a break... But you know what I'm getting at.

The endless pressure of others expecting the greatest of you, while kicking you as you're down and degrading you as if you weren't right there...

Right in front of them...

It was so hard and I—

The warm embrace that surrounded me shook me from my thoughts. The hand that softly caressed my hair pleading for the better. Pleading for me to stop...

I need to calm down.

Quickly opening my eyes I felt the wind rush into me. Aggressively gasping for air I scratched at the back of the person who was hugging me.

Quickly tearing away the article of clothing and the layers of flesh underneath. I stopped when the warm flow of liquid dripping down my arms calmed me. It was warm.

Stillness was left behind, taking deep puffs of air into my lungs and holding it. Letting it linger for a while before having reality come back to me. It was alright, he was here. They're both here... We aren't alone, we won't ever be alone. As long as we had each other.

We can be happy...

"Stop being annoying, chaaa!! You're right they're here so shut up and take it like a woman, dumbass."

Letting a smile creep to my face, I opened my eyes. "Neji..." There in front of me was Neji Hyuga. His fair skin glowing softly in the light that entered through the trees, his long black hair moving with the wind and his alluring white eyes roaming the surroundings.

"Sakura, how do you feel right now? What happened was really serious and we aren't experts in medical ninjutsu. Can you look over yourself?" Neji was worried about me... He's so nice right?

Catching sight of Itachi, he was gazing intently at me, he looked as if he was battling a wave of emotions knocking and racking his brain every second he had his eyes on me. When he noticed me looking he let out a 'hn'. Yeah, you know the thing those emo Uchiha's always do, aka Sasuke. He turned his head and ignored me.

He reminded me of Naruto when he and Sasuke would always fight but Naruto was wrong. He would be so disappointed in himself and would probably talk to himself to raise his ego...

It was the same thing I would do whenever I felt weak and guilt building up inside of me.

But back to the topic, why did we never feel Neji's chakra? If he was here the entire time we would've felt each other, if we were this close we didn't need to feel alone.

"Itachi, how'd you find him?" My shaky voice asked, what if they didn't want to say...

"Well actually," he stated, "it's more like he found us..." His voice sounded more and more concerned as he revealed the rest.

Right now I was so confused. Did Neji know we were here and purposely not try to find us?

"Sakura..." Neji, why did he sound so unsure? Did something bad happen? "Right now you two are viral... On the internet."

What. The. Actual. Fuck

"What do you mean we're viral?"

"Imagine they have nude photos of you— wait then that means you're hot! Then I'm hot also, aaaah!"

Internal commentary aside— wait no that's not possible. Wait I've got breast now, so it's possible...

Shaking myself from my thoughts Itachi was looking at me, dumbfounded. "It's not nude photos right?" I asked, better safe than sorry.

"What the hell Sakura," Itachi said, appalled. Neji looking the same. "What? I said better safe than sorry."

Neji shook his head and pulled out his phone. I could feel Itachi's judgemental gaze from a mile away, he's so picky. Putting his phone in front of my face I focused on the screen in front of me...

"No, that's—"

It was that time when Itachi and I went into that sweet shop, the video slowed down as I pulled my arm back and drove it to collide in Itachi's face. "My parents don't like you," Itachi added, his sassy persona revealing itself.

"It's like number one on trending, congrats!" Neji said, a sarcastically bright smile on his face.

"Oh, also one more thing," Neji added his tone becoming much more serious. "I'm not the only one here... Jiraya is here also."

Naruto's sensei... His godfather was here...

"JIRAYA IS HERE??" Itachi, inner and I repeated at the same time. This world just became a heck of a lot more interesting. And I'm starting to wonder if this was a certain persons doing, or if god is just playing the most cruelest joke to ever exist to mankind.

___________________________________________

Double surprise, a (in my opinion) fast update, and two new characters introduced. I just new I wanted Jiraya back bc he's gonna play an important role but I didn't know how to introduce him so I did this in the spur of the moment while eating vanilla ice cream. Cool right? No? Ok. Hope you liked this chapter!
___________________________________________

Unedited