14| 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜

Read the last chapter to know who the new characters are.

Dove's POV
Age: 6
Location: Base

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Ella whispers as we sneak out of our cells.

"Not at all," Lucky responds. Ella groans quietly.

"We're never sure if our plans will work or not," Blue points out. "We just go with the flow."

"And usually get punished for it," Ella points out.

"I never get punished," Lucky says smugly. Rio rolls his eyes and smacks the back of Lucky's head.

"That's because she takes them all for you," Rio says, gesturing to me.

"Come on, we're running out of time," I whisper.

I managed to hack into the mainframe earlier today and programmed it to unlock our cell doors at midnight. The doors should lock themselves again at 12:30, giving us half an hour to run to the pantry and steal food.

Ella hasn't had a meal in almost a week. Sir didn't think she earned them.

If it was me or Rio, we'd be able to survive, but Ella's not like the rest of us. She's a little weaker, she can't go weeks without meals like we can.

"Hurry up!" Lucky urges as we run into the pantry. Ella runs in and grabs a couple pieces of fruit and some biscuits. The others go to grab food as well, but I stop them.

"Don't take too much," I warn. "The cooks will notice if too much food is missing."

Blue and Lucky groan, but they nod and move away from the shelves of food.

"Ella let's go! It's already 12:27!" Rio urges from the doorway.

"Now, now children. No need to rush," a cold voice says.

The air gets knocked out of my lungs and I start to panic. We got caught. My hands start to shake, but I quickly hide them behind my back so no one can see.

Hesitantly, we all turn around to the doorway, where Sir a two guards stand. Rio backs away and comes to stand in front of me, like a shield. This doesn't go unnoticed.

Sir narrows his eyes at Rio and I. He nods to us. "Take them to the punishment room."

He then turns his attention to Blue, Lucky, and Ella. "I'll let these three go, if you take their punishment."

Sir looks at Rio and I. Both of us immediately nod. Ella looks like she wants to scream, but I see Lucky's hand grab her's in a silent warning.

Sir smirks, knowing that he's won. He always wins.

One guard moves to escort the others back to their cells while the other one approaches Rio and I.

Heavy footsteps echo down the hallway, and the pantry is suddenly filled with guards. I shrink into Rio's back as they surround us.