34| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕 (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 1)

This chapter is dedicated to Fergie17834. Iykyk

For those that don't follow me/haven't seen my message board: my eye muscles have been bothering me lately and I'm genuinely worried that it's because of all my screen time. I wanted to do a double update today, but I don't think my eyes can take that.

I'm not that proud of this chapter, but whatever.

Enjoy this 2000+ word chapter <3

(I apologise in advance for the slight cliffhanger)

Dove/Ayla's POV
Age: 10
Location: French Mafia's Vacation House, Rhode Island

"Ayla, sweetheart it's time to wake up," Mama says as she gently shakes me. "We're here."

I force my heavy eyes open and look around.

The small car we took from home is now parked in front of a large mansion.

It's white with gold accents here and there, making the house look like a fairytale castle.

"Let's go surprise the boys, hm?" She suggests.

We both needed extra time getting ready, so we told Dad and my brothers to take the limousine and we'd come later.

Mama says that every year there's a Thanksgiving ball for all the Mafias. Last year the Russians hosted, this year the French is. Next year is supposed to be our turn.

While everyone disguises it under a "Thanksgiving" celebration, it's really an excuse for the Mafias to get together and fortify or make alliances.

Thanksgiving isn't for another week, though. That's why Dante calls it the warmup for the "real deal."

Mama helps me out of the car and guides me to the front of the mansion.

I keep a firm grip on Julia as we walk in. My parents warned me there would be a lot of people, and I don't want to lose her.

We walk through the now deserted halls of the mansion to the main ball room, where the sound of people talking is coming from.

The sound of our heels echo against the wooden floors as week walk.

Mama's heels are a lot longer than my one inch pair, but I still feel like a princess. Especially wearing the long-sleeved, blue dress with the silver threads that I bought with my cousins a few weeks ago.

Two guards stand outside the large doors that lead to the main ballroom.

They bow to us before as they pull open the doors, making everyone's eyes fall us.

Conversation doesn't halt, but it definitely quiets because of our sudden appearance.

I don't pay attention to anyone else besides Dad, who is walking towards us with a grin on his face. If I focus on all the people staring at me I might throw up.

He approaches Mama and kisses her lips, making me grimace. I can see my brothers make similar faces from behind them.

They chuckle quietly as they pull away from each other.

"Are you so embarrassed by your parents showing their love for one another?" Dad teases.

"Yes," I mutter.