15| 𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

Y'all are making me feel bad for the last chapter lmfao

Anyways, enjoy this cliffhanger chapter 😙👋

Oh I ran into my bathroom door a few hours ago...that was fun

Luca's POV
Age: 23
Location: Ricci's Mansion, New York

I'm so happy to have my little sister back home. Her disappearance crushed my whole family. It also changed us in ways we never could have expected.

Mama became paranoid about the safety of my brothers and I. Dad would disappear for weeks on end, following leads to our sister, but would always come home empty handed. Marcus started to throw himself into Mafia work while Lorenzo became a hardass. At the age of 12 he learnt how to fight and defend himself and others.

The triplets...were so young. They all coped in different ways. While Dante would pull pranks, and try to make us smile, Daniel and Dylan started to disappear.

Daniel would lock himself in his room for hours on end, just writing. He would come out with ink stains all over his hands and shirt. Dylan chose to read as an escape. If you wanted to find him, you go to the library.

As for me, I started building things to keep my family safe. Cameras, weapons, traps, anything you can think of.

I also taught myself how to read other's body language. There are so many unsaid words in how someone holds themself.

It breaks my heart to see my sister like this. She constanty looks scared, but she tries to hide it. She jumps at loud noises and tenses when she hears anything unfamiliar.

As much as I don't want to think about it, I'm always wondering what she had to go through to make her the way she is now.

I know she was raised as an assassin. Every move she makes is calculated and tactical. She never relaxes, she tenses at any kind of noise. She finds comfort with a knife in her hand.

I've seen tapes of Vincent's assasins. They're good, really good, and they're all under 18.

Rumour has it that majority of his kids die during training, and those that survive usually get worked until their deaths. Not many survive to see adulthood.

You can imagine my family's relief when Ella came back and told us that there was a girl with Mama's eyes and Dad's hair. We knew it had to be our princess.

Now she's back with us and I'm determined to give her the life she deserves. No child should have to fight to earn their meals or be punished for not wanting to hurt others.

When Ella came back and told us all of the horrible things that happen in that place, I wanted to die. I know my parents and brothers felt the same way. It hurt us to know that our sister and daughter was subjected to that for years.

I groan as my thoughts overwhelm me once again. I'm never going to sleep if this keeps happening.

Deciding that sleep isn't going to come to me, I get out of bed and head to my lab. There's something I've been working on that has been taking up all of my time.

I walk out of my room and up the stairs to the third floor. I walk past the library and down the hall.

My lab is quite simple. White walls and floors with a few seats and tables. The room however is a mess. Various experiments lie around as well as random springs and wires.

I walk over to the table at the back of the room. On it lies a face mask, kind of like the ones women (and Lorenzo) use for their skin. This however doesn't moisturize the skin. Somehow, the technology in the mask manages to make the person wearing it look like someone else.