36| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕 (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 3)

Double update Part 2
Enjoy this 3200 word chapter ;)
I promise this is the last ball chapter.

Ayla/Dove's POV
Age: 10
Location: French Mafia's Vacation House, Rhode Island
CW: violence/fighting

"Go to the ballroom down the hall. There are certain children who are dying to see you."

That's all it takes for me to run down the hall.

I count 25 doors as I sprint down the never ending hallway. There are far too many doors in the house.

My footsteps slow as I stop in front of two large doors that are identical to the ones of the main ballroom.

There's a five second internal argument before I force myself to push open the doors.

I'm barley halfway through the doorway when three black flurries rush at me.

Arms are thrown around me before I can fully process who's hugging me.

Slowly, the three pairs of arms engulfing me let go, allowing me to see the faces of my friends.

"You're taller," Lucky says. He stands close to me, as if trying to estimate my height.

"We're still taller though," Rio grins triumphantly.

"We'll always be taller," Blue laughs.

I roll my eyes. Of course the first thing they say to me after two years is my height.

"So are you going to explain to me how you died or are we going to keep commenting on my height?" I ask.

"How we died?" Blue asks, looking thoroughly confused. "How about how you died."

"I didn't die." I frown.

"Yeah you did," Lucky argues. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Rio and Blue nodding in agreement.

"What?"

"We saw it," Rio argues. "Vincent shot you."

"Three times," Lucky says.

"In the head," Blue adds.

I wince at the very colorful, and graphic, picture that comes to mind.

"Wha-no. He shot you three. Multiple times...also in the head," I say. "I never got shot."

"Well neither did we!" Blue exclaims.

Lucky looks like he's on the verge of collapsing to the floor in laughter while Rio actually seems to be using his brain to try to piece together the broken information we just gave one another.

"You have five minutes until Angelo comes," Donna suddenly says through the main channel on our earpieces. The four of us jump at her sudden intrusion.

"You're playing hostage," Lucky states. "How are we going to pull that off?"

Rio and I glance at each other. His lips twitch as if he's trying to suppress and particularly evil smirk.

"I have an idea," Rio says, faking cluelessness. He gives me an innocent look, but I know what he's going to suggest is nowhere near innocent...or enjoyable.

-----

Lucky and Blue are hiding in the vents on the ceiling, pretending to be in a different room while they try to hack into the "confusing and intricate" security system.

My eyes narrow on the slight bruises that are starting to form on my knuckles. I can feel more growing on my cheeks and arms.

Rio and I had to knock each other around a bit to make my "capturing" look believable. He also stole my gun, leaving me defenceless except for the knife hidden in my shoe.