preface

OWEN
***
a.u: if you were around when i first published this and are seeing it being published again, it's because i am redoing it. this story had potential, i just didn't have a well thought out plan for it. so now, i do.

"Tell me what's on your mind Owen," Demetrius murmurs, his arms folding to his broad chest as he stared down at me with that dominating stare, "I desire to hear it."

I don't say anything at that moment about how much that girl's perfume stuck to him. It made my nostrils hurt, but I didn't want to be dramatic. Except I knew Demetrius wouldn't settle for not hearing my words.

"What's the matter?" He questions me this time and I sigh in shame.

"I know it may sound...stupid, but that girl's perfume is stuck to you now. It...makes me uncomfortable." I confess to him even when he raises his eyebrow before me. "Smelling it...is what makes me uncomfortable."

Demetrius began to grip his chin, staring down at me for some time. I got this feeling like I over-exceeded the boundaries. I didn't want to seem this way.

"It's fine though...I was just saying." I try to alleviate the situation and Demetrius doesn't falter.

"The girl's perfume, you say?" He mumbled to himself, and I see him sniff his wrist. "Her perfume...that bothers you, that is all?"

I grin awkwardly, hoping he wouldn't ask me again until he did. This time his approach was more kinder and I just look at him.

"Is that all?"

"Yes...sorry." I found myself apologizing to him because I know I sounded ridiculous.

"Well, if we are speaking of scents that bring our senses discomfort, I can speak of that scent of the girl on you. What was her name...she had red hair." He brings Alisa up, and I frown.

I know Alisa wasn't wearing anything strong and I couldn't smell her on me at all. Except he looked very serious out of nowhere. The amber color within his eyes darkened, displaying an animalistic gaze.

Almost like he looked down at me like I was...not human, but not in a bad way.

He began to come closer towards me, grabbing ahold of my hand. Demetrius lifts it up towards his lips and I see him inhale softly. That took me aback because his eyes set back on me.

"Alisa...I hugged her almost an hour ago."

"Her smell...I sense it...I hate it." He began walking forward and I was startled to walk back, not even knowing where I was going. Until my back met a wall and his body blocked me off from others view.

His eyes almost glowed in the shade as he pressed a kiss to my hand, my face heating up. I look away when he starts to let the tip of his nose run along my arm up towards my shoulder.

A chill running down my spine when his eyes opened, and I could see him so close to me. So close and so...ethereal.

"Her smell is almost gone." He murmurs against my shoulder as I feel his hand grab ahold of mine. His fingers entwine with mine so abruptly.

All I could think of what were people thinking as they saw this. They saw us...in this predicament.

Demetrius' lips hovered over my ear as I could feel his warm breath on my ear as he chuckles, yet his physical touch was freezing. It was conflicting with me on if I should have a chill run down my spine from such different temperatures.

"There, I smell her no more." Demetrius murmurs as he pulls back from me, and I see his irises were now darker than before. "And that girl's perfume is no longer on me. We both get what we want."

I feel his hand go up my back, resting on my waist. He grins down at me and I was at a loss for words at this point.

It's decided.

There was no way this man was human.

He's failed all three of my tests that would question his humanity. I don't even know if he means to expose himself...or if he wants to be exposed.

It felt like the lather.

I feel him grip my chin, guiding me to look at him. Not that he needed to do that...I was already looking at him.

"Isn't that right?"

DEMETRIUS
***

I looked down upon Owen's face, my senses still rising the more I looked down at him. I look into his eyes as I wait for him to respond to me.

He doesn't though, smiling as he goes around me. It took...everything in me not to stop him. My hand balled up tightly as I could feel that urge rising again... It was suffocating...made me hungry.

"I suppose, sorry for the trouble." He apologizes to me, and he looks back at me. To see him grin up at me in such a way I set my eyes on his again.

I look deep within his eyes only for him to not even respond. He seems to wait for me to say something until he looks away now, startling me more.

My hypnosis doesn't work on him...the one person I want it to work on...it doesn't work on.

"Cette seule personne avec laquelle vous partagez un lien, tous vos dons deviendront inutiles contre eux." ( That one person with whom you share a link, all your gifts will become futile against them. )

I found myself frozen in place, watching Owen stop as well. He looks back at me in confusion...and that girl's scent still stuck to him from here. It wasn't enough...placing my scent upon him.

Nothing I do works, not for a long enough period of time, at least.

Is it really him?

After two-hundred years of living...I found my lien sanguin?

"Demetrius?" He says my name, that's all he said... That was all he needed to say and I found myself wanting to pull him towards me, but I...couldn't.

He knew nothing of me...of my existence.

"It is no trouble." I tell him as I go towards him. I smile down at him, seeing him blush as he faced forward. That scent...coming to again.

"I just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to over-exceed whatever...this is." He chuckles, nodding between the both of us. I just stay silent because the more aloof and relaxed he became, the stronger that scent was.

It drove me close to madness.

And I can't lose it with him...

Not yet.

"You have nothing to over-exceed," I state, looking down at him as he just walked forward, not even knowing how much my eyes were eyeing him with complete...and utter domination, "I assure you that much."

"You...assure?"

I nod, licking my lips as I needed a fix fast. If I was around him any longer with how aromatic he smelled...

"I assure you."

___________________🩸

new: now...for the redo. 🧛🏿

how is it so far? 😌

curious. 🥴

- yolo