eight '

I leaned against Demetrius, our lips hovering above one another's. The both of us looking into another's eyes.

My fingers running over his face and I grin.

"Your eyes are red." I state quietly, seeing his eyes close. When they opened I saw that they were a lighter red, but they quickly turned dark. "You need to drink some blood."

"Yes...I'll have to lure in another human again." He sighs, and I look off. "Do you mind?"

"Um..." I look back at him because the thought of him bringing harm on another person put me off. I understood he felt like he was getting rid of the bad humans, but they're still people.

We both are together...

There really isn't a reason for him to get blood from others...because I would gladly give him mine.

"You can drink mine-."

"Definitely not, are you...are you crazy?" He gasps, and I smile shyly. He sits me back on the couch as he looked upset I'd ask. "It will bring you an immense amount of pain. I can't let you experience that."

"How do you know it brings pain?" I raise my eyebrow, only for him to look at me like I was silly for asking that question. I just smile awkwardly because I guess there is a way he would know. "Most people who's blood you've drank, of course, will have a negative reaction. Besides, you're killing them. Won't it feel different?"

I saw him look away, his eyes darkening by the second. My head laid against his shoulder and I grin.

"You aren't killing me, in this instance. You're just..." I stop mid sentence, seeing him look at me in wait. "Imagine it like you're drinking from a faucet that you can turn on and off. No matter how many times you do it, it'll turn back on even if it's off."

"I don't..." Demetrius chuckled at my analogy, turning. He cradled my face and I feel his thumb run over my lips. I grin at him, feeling his hand rest on the side of my neck.

I nod surely, hoping he knew I wasn't worried about what he'd do to me. Except that seemed to worry him more as his hand began to move off.

"I can't..."

"You can, but you're so afraid...and for what? I'm not afraid."

"I know...you fascinate me more and more such day Owen." He breathes, and I grin. "Except you worry me...I don't know what you don't understand about it. You will feel pain."

"That's fine. It's better than worrying about you one day getting caught." I state, only for him to chuckle under his breath. "What?"

I start to smile as he chuckles more, his eyes scanning my face. He kissed the edge of my lips and I saw his eyes locked on mine. The color of red darkening within his eyes.

I wanted him to drink my blood, not because I wanted to be changed. It didn't matter to me, I was fine being human. I was just...worried about him.

Also, I just wanted him to be with me. I didn't want his lips on someone else's neck or him luring them in. I know in doing so...he'll have to do what he's always done. The same tactics...of allurement.

"Demetrius it's okay." I insist once again, seeing him look away. "Don't look away, look at me."

I rest my hands on the side of his face, making him look me head-on. I saw him inhale sharply to such suddenness, causing me to smile.

I bite my lip while I smile, pushing him back. I still sat up on the couch and he looked at me.

"May I?" I nod down at his lap. His eyes widen and I saw him begin to sit back up fast.