four '

"One-hundred thirty-six."

I stood before Demetrius as his eyebrow shot up.

"That's a very high number Owen, what's the reason for saying it?" He questions me, making me shake my head.

"We need to talk, I have some questions to ask you." I say outright, and I see a smile grow on his lips. "Not to mention Alisa isn't with you anymore. That was surprising, you have anymore surprises?"

Demetrius smiles even bigger, closing his locker. He rested his eyes upon mine in a way that told me he was...an open book, before me. His disposition was much more complex than I thought it was.

"I don't have anymore surprises at the moment. Would you like me to tell you when one does come?" He questions me softly, stepping a little closer to me. I don't bother moving back because he wasn't that close like that one time.

"This is serious." I say with a more serious tone.

"When I speak to you, I am very serious Owen." Demetrius murmurs down to me.

I nod firmly, believing him as I saw his eyes were amber.

"The eyes...it's those eyes Demetrius." I shook my head at him, seeing him raise an eyebrow. "That whole 'lighting' incident was unacceptable. They are red whenever you were with Alisa and that one girl. Leilani and...what's your friend's name again?"

"Sterling."

"Leilani and Sterling's eyes are red, all the time. Why is it yours are amber when those girls are gone?" I question him, seeing him just look down at me like he knew I wasn't done speaking. "Are you really promiscuous? You don't do things a stereotypical 'promiscuous' person would do. I...I see what you do and I know I haven't even been here that long, but I find you very fascinating."

Demetrius folds his arms, a crooked smile growing to his lips. He seemed to chuckle very silently as I didn't even hear him, but I knew he was laughing. His eyes divert off of me, only to set back on me very fast.

"We can talk." Is all he says, making me smile. "Where do you want to talk? It's the end of the day and I highly doubt you want to stay here any longer than you have to, am I right?"

"School doesn't bother me all that much anymore. The group I was first...acquainted with are much more tolerable now that Alisa has left. They still gossip, but you can't have everything." I chuckle, smiling at such a thing and I see Demetrius' eyes soften on me again. "We can...talk in the library, or in my car, your car - outside is nice."

He looks outside, and I look to see the sun was already setting. I forgot that an hour was taken away from the time. It gets dark early now...

"Do you like the dark, Owen?" He asks me curiously as my eyes lingered on the sunset.

"It doesn't bother me. Do you know Helen Keller's quote about darkness?" I tease him and he nods. "Oh really?"

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence-."

"Cut it off there!" I gasp excitedly as I was happy someone knew that quote. Demetrius began to smile more as I nod happily. "Isn't what she said the truth? How can one not find themselves somehow content in the darkness? There's always something there, even if the darkness takes over. You just have to almost picture it yourself or just be content with not knowing what that is at all. Isn't that just fascinating?"

I lean against the locker, sighing with content that I could almost nerd out about my favorite quote. Except I saw Demetrius' eyes upon me in a way that I have never seen. It was making his eyes appear much more...beautiful, if I should call this sight that. All I know is that I liked it.