ten '

DEMETRIUS
***

"Je ne peux plus faire ça." ( I can't do this anymore. ) I heard myself say, but the exact comprehension was lost. All I could see was Owen before him so beautifully, his neck exposed to me in such a way.

I can't...

I felt all of my reason cease to exist and running away wasn't even an option anymore. How could I when the person of my dreams was right before me? He was...so foolish for giving himself to me in this way, but I wanted him more for it.

There was no holding back anymore...I had to have him. Have a taste...

I rushed at him and my teeth sunk into his neck finally. I found myself feeling this rush fill me as I inhaled sharply, suddenly hearing Owen gasp. Except I couldn't stop at this point as I could feel his blood rushing up.

When I finally felt it on my lips I felt my eyes widen at the most delicious taste I've ever tasted in my life. His hands gripped my shoulders tightly, except I couldn't stop now.

I kept drinking, I kept tasting, and I kept wanting more. This wasn't even blood, I've drink so many peoples blood to the point of death. His was on a completely different level that had me feeling like I was tasting some rich wine...rich flavor that I can't live without now. This didn't compare to the drop of blood I tasted from his lips.

This was much different...and I loved it.

I pulled him closer to me and I could hear the noises he made. They didn't sound exactly pained, but there was something else. How was I going to stop...?

I can't stop.

I began to feel his grip on my shoulders loosen and that frightened me, but I couldn't stop. It was too good, and it was the best thing I've ever had. Having him so close to me like this, and being able to taste him.

"Demetrius..." He croaks painfully, and I flinch. I look up and see his eyes were hooded. I could see his skin was much more paler and his lips were tight together. I found myself letting him go fearfully, seeing him collapse to his legs.

I saw him breathing in-and-out slowly. His hair almost like a curtain over his face as I couldn't see him.

I found myself feeling the most rejuvenated I have ever felt before. This indescribable feeling was amazing and I was no longer hungry now...but at what cost?

"Owen I'm...sorry." I croak, seeing him look up at me.

I could see his pain and seeing it...broke me. I found myself feeling this rush of emotion that I've never felt before. I found myself feeling nauseous and I staggered back.

"It's okay..." He breathes, but I shook my head. "Demetrius it's okay, it's okay. I just...you must've been really hungry."

Owen chuckles, but it broke me. I saw him begin to get his color back slowly...this was hurting me though.

"Hey...don't be upset, it's okay." He grins up at me.

"No, it isn't."

"You didn't kill me...and it didn't hurt that much. I was just taken aback because I could feel myself losing blood. It felt good at first, promise," Owen tried to assure me, sitting up more better as he grins crookedly, "It was just when you pulled me in and I felt you drink faster without a pace. If you had kept the same pace, I would've been fine."

I felt like...he was lying to me. Of course he'd say that...he felt like he had to say that, I know it. Because the look on his face told me he was trying to hold back how he really felt.