eleven '

"So...how was your date with Demetrius yesterday?"

I look over my shoulder at my dad, frowning as he had a cocky smirk on his face. It was so early in the morning...and I at first thought I misheard him.

"You...you're asking about that?" I ask shyly, seeing him make his coffee.

"Of course I am! There was such a handsome man with you! Do teenagers really look like that these days?" He questions me in confusion, and I played dumb at this point. "And a black man with such prominent amber eyes...could've sworn they were gold!"

I grin at my dad, hoping he'd forget about his question. Only for him to keep looking at me in wait.

"The date was terrific." I finally say, grabbing my keys. "The food was good, the car ride was good, he was amazing. Everything about it was great! I'm not lying whatsoever."

"I didn't say you were." My dad snorts, looking at me funny as he tastes his coffee only to grimace against the flavor. "Also, who got you that Lexus? I know I didn't...your mom certainly didn't."

I knew that question would come up eventually. I just look at him and he waits. Only to smile as he looks away.

"Is that Demetrius loaded or something?" He laughs, and I rush out of the house now. Only to open the door and I almost bump into his chest.

Looking up at him, he looked at me with a concerned expression until it just flipped. He smiled back and I look, seeing my dad close to being behind me. He looked at Demetrius in amazement, looking back at me.

"Isn't that funny? We were just talking about you." My dad states with no shame. I just face back forward awkwardly as I saw Demetrius grinning at him still.

"Oh? I took Owen out for a date yesterday, so I hope it was okay that he couldn't go to your friend's promotion."

"It's fine. They were not Owen's friends. He doesn't have to go. I wouldn't force him, it's too much." My dad shook his head, only to soon smile. "I'll let you two go, I've held you up for long enough. Have a good day at school, the both of you."

"Thanks dad." I smile awkwardly as I walk out now. Once the door was closed I looked up at Demetrius who now looked at me worriedly.

Walking away from the door now, he follows me and now I looked at his car and mine.

"Which one?" I ask, looking between the both of them.

"Did it bother you when I said that you remind me of Samuel?" I hear him ask me as I was looking at the cars. I stop, looking back at him and saw his worry.

I wondered if I should even say anything. He can't read my mind or use any powers on me, so he can't just look within my mind to see what happened. I was debating on if I should tell him at all.

Not because of certain circumstances, not because I was afraid, but because it just didn't seem...necessary. I don't want to seem like I'm envious of someone who isn't even alive anymore. It's obvious that that person...Samuel, meant a lot to him. I don't want to disappoint him by acknowledging my envy.

"I wouldn't say that...no, I don't think so." I kind of lie, but didn't. "It doesn't really matter honestly. Samuel is someone you cherish, why would you speaking on him bother me? Because it didn't. "

Demetrius instantly looked like he didn't believe me. His eyes diverting off of mine and he goes to his car. Only to lean against it and look back at me.

"I can't see your mind...but I can see others. I know what Sterling saw within your mind and their poignant thoughts I can sense that you were confused and bothered, to the point that that made you want to leave early." He tells me, and I feel my face heat up. "Why did you lie to me?"