two

"How was your first day?"

I look at my parents as I sat at the dinner table with them. It wasn't ideal to really speak on it because it wasn't anything different.

Besides...having seen Demetrius and spoke to him, everything else was the same.

"It was okay, nothing special or ordinary." I state in a calm manner as I stir some pasta onto my fork. "I made friends."

"That's the best part. I knew you'd make friends easily. It's you we're talking about." My mom beams as she nudges shoulders with my dad. "Told you he'd do just fine."

I frown at my dad as he looked at me with concern. I didn't know what he was concerned about since I've done this so many times.

"Why are you concerned? I've done this all my life." I state, and he nods.

"That's why. I feel bad that I have to keep uprooting us like this. Florida was the longest you've ever been at a place, and for such a crucial part of your high school experience. Now it's been changed again when I said we wouldn't move again." My dad lowers his head shamefully and I don't say anything at first.

Yeah...Florida was going to be our final spot, but he was promoted unexpectedly. All the positions that required his rank were taken. I understand that and I'm not going to hold it against him.

I was a little annoyed about moving...but it was nothing different. I just got used to keeping that part of it all to myself. No point in dwelling on it because it doesn't change anything, just makes it harder for not only them; but me.

"It's all good," I start, shrugging, "It isn't that much a change. It's still hot and the house is nice. The people here are different from the people I were used to, but I like different."

I tried to make my dad feel better as he grins solemnly. In all honestly, it really didn't bother me that much anymore. Because now I have met someone different who can distract me from what I miss in Florida.

Demetrius is very different from anyone I have ever encountered. He is most definitely a distraction, but a good kind.

"I appreciate your understanding." My dad hums, him and my mom speaking to one another now. I look away from them as I thought about Demetrius.

I felt like...as he played through my mind, that he was only baffling me the more I thought. He was different in all aspects and it fascinated me.

Made me want to know more about him, I must know more. Even for the next day of school as I drove over I couldn't help myself as I parked in a middle parking spot.

I was tempted to doze off for a bit until I saw a very shiny, dark silver Lexus drive into the parking spot in front of me. That got my attention because it was very luxurious. Kind of...too luxurious of a car considering we're only high schoolers.

I had a Nissan...

Waiting to see who the lucky driver, the girl I saw with Demetrius yesterday got out of the passenger side. My anticipation ceased into just being impressed as Demetrius got out of the car.

I was about to wave at Demetrius as I saw him standing beside his car. Only for my hand to falter when that same girl from yesterday rushes up to him. 

I didn't want to assume that was his girlfriend considering what others had told me. Not to mention he agreed with all the rumors and said that they were true.

Didn't think I'd have to see it before me at this moment.

Saw him cradle her face, his thumb running along her cheek. My eyes easily looked away from her only to him. He was much more eye-catching, even if he was doing such things with someone else.