Thanksgiving Disaster

(A/N October had no more plans so I just skipped that month and the rest of September 🙂) This was meant to be put out earlier but...YOLO

Excuse any mistakes ❤️

~ BEYONCÉ KNOWLES POV ~
November 15

"We're supposed to be having the dinner at Nicki's house at 8" I told Kelly over the phone.

"Well you know I'll be there. But how's boogey?"

"She's sleeping now but she good, been crawling all over the place" I said setting my phone up on the shelf in my closet, as I searched for an outfit.

As I went to pull out one of my shirts the sound of Lani's cries filled the air through the baby monitor.

"Hold on Kelly" I told her walking out of my closet and to the nursery.

"Aww what's wrong Boogey?" I asked, patting her back as I walked out the room and back to my closet. After a few minutes she still wouldn't calm down and I was starting to get worried.

"Is she sick Bey?"

"I-she isn't warm or anything and she's not teething so I don't know what's wrong. Calm down baba you're ok" I cooed, rubbing her back.

I glanced at Kelly for a moment then Lani suddenly went silent.

"Kay'lani!"

"What happened!" Kelly yelled

"She's crying but she isn't making any—Kay'Lani! Oh my god" I realized she was not breathing and was still trying to cry but nothing was coming out. I lifted her up and patted her chest to get her to let the breath go but she wasn't.

I wasn't trying to panic but...

"Her lips and fingers are turning blue Kelly what do I do?" I frantically asked sitting Lani up on my leg hitting her back hard enough to try to do something. "Breath Boogey, breath"

"Blow on her face Beyoncé"

I didn't question her and began to blow air onto her face as I simultaneously rubbed her chest. "Come on baby" I tried again and she went completely still, her little face turning pale.

I brought her to my chest and hit her back with more force than usual, until she finally let out a cry. I let out a something mixed with a sob and a breath of relief as I leaned back against the couch watching the Blue fade away.

"Is she breathing?" Kelly asked. I honestly forgot I was on the phone.

"B-barely, but her color's coming back. How long has it been?"

"Uhh forty five seconds"

"I need to take her to the doctor and see what the hell that was and if it's going to keep happening" I said cradling Lani to my chest while I wiped my face off. I don't think I'll be able to go through this scary experience again.

"I called Ju, he already on the way"

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me Bey just get my boogey to the doctor"

~•~

"So what Kay'lani experienced was a breath holding spell. Now a breath holding spell is when a child holds their breath, usually after being angry, frustrated, startled, or in pain. Sometimes the breath holding leads to the child passing out. But in this case she didn't which is good because you were able to prevent it. I know it can be frightening to watch your baby go through a breath-holding spell, but they aren't harmful and usually last less than a minute."