Fight • Victoria

Gender : Neutral

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Vic I'm going to leave without you!" I shout up the stairs.

"Just give me a minute." She screams, I laugh at her and walk out the door toward my car.

A few seconds later, she comes rushing out the door, slowing down when she sees that I'm still there.

"That's not funny." She says as she gets into my car.

"And yet I'm laughing, ha ha ha." I sarcastically say.

"Just drive me to school please." She whines.

"I'm not specifically driving you, you just happen to live at the same house with me, so I may take you to school because it's easier for mom."

"Okay whatever, just drive." I smile at her as I reverse out and head toward our school.

~~

I get out the car and grab my backpack from the backseat.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Vic asks me, as she walks off.

"Yeah, you will." I smile at her and prepare myself for the day.

"Well, if it isn't the chauffeur." I turn and see Damiano and Ethan walking up to me.

"Where's the green bean?" Damiano asks.

"She's already inside. You know how she is - 'I must be the earliest to class or everything will fall apart.' So, you probably know where to find her."

"Of course we know, Dam just wanted to talk to you." Ethan hooks his arm around Damiano's shoulder.

"Dude?! Shut up." He murmurs. "I just wanted to see if you were okay, after what happened on Friday."

"I'm fine, like I said before, I'll be fine so you don't have to worry. You didn't tell Vic about it, Did you?" I ask them.

"Tell me what?" I hear a voice behind me, I sigh and close my eyes, after realizing that I'm pretty much busted.

"Just how we're planing your birthday party." Ethan says.

"Ethan, my birthday was two months ago. What's actually going on?"

I see the one person who could make me hide in fear, at just the sight of him, Luke, walking past us with a smirk on his face that makes my insides curl.

"Sup, why are we standing here, class will be starting soon, don't wanna be late." Thomas finally joins the group, cockily smirking before walking into the school.

"Seriously, what's going on?" Vic asks again, but this time the annoyance is clear in her voice.

"Nothing important, Damiano just wanted to check up on me, and now I'm fine, so he has nothing to worry about." I say as calmly as I can. "I'll see you guys at lunch." I walk off, leaving the band standing outside.

~~~

"I'm just saying, I think we should speak to them about the lyrics, they're hard to remember and they also kinda hurt my brain." Thomas says as we walk into the cafeteria.

We look around for the rest of the band, but instead we see a large crowd surrounding something in the left corner of the cafeteria.

"Wonder what's going on?" Thomas asks.

"It's best not to get involved, sounds like a fight." I add.

"But I wanna see!" Thomas shouts and makes his way to the crowd, making Me follow him. We push through the crowd until we're at the front of the circle. I see Vic and Luke throwing punches at each other - with Vic very clearly being the winner.

"Vic?" I shout at him, she looks up at me, which causes her to have another punch thrown at her face.

"You shouldn't be here." Damiano grabs me by my shoulders and pulls me away from the crowd.

"What are you doing? I need to help her. She's in a fight with one of the biggest guys in school." I shout at Damiano.

"Not after what Luke did to you." He says, hanging his head in shame.

"You told her?" I ask in disbelief.

"It's not like I couldn't tell her, she's a very persuasive person."

Suddenly shouting is hear throughout the cafeteria, and eventually the fight is broken up by a few teachers.

I watch as both Vic and Luke are escorted out, probably going to get suspended or expelled.

"She'll be okay, she's strong." Damiano reminds me. I look at him and decide that I don't need to be at school right now, with everything going on I just need to be away from everyone. I grab my things from my locker and make my way to my car.

"Where are you going?" Vic yells behind me. I turn to face her.

"Shouldn't you be getting suspended right now?"

"Probably, but I just needed to know that you're okay. I heard what Luke did on Friday. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you."

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault. I should've known that a freshman being invited to a senior party is literally insane. So, I'm okay with it. Not entirely but I'll get there." I sit on the curb as Vic makes her way to join me.

"I didn't even see you there, why didn't I?"

"Because I went straight upstairs with him. He then took pictures and sent them to his friends. He wanted me upstairs as soon as possible, so it could be over with as soon as it started." I look up at her, and realize that her eyes are teary.

"I promise I'll be there for you, even if I'm not there physically. When something happens, you should know that I'm always here for you, even if you just need a hug."

"We don't hug?"

"We do now."