Hi Baby • Thomas

Today was Thomas's birthday, and unfortunately it was also a day that the baby I was carrying, decided to kick the shit out of me since 3am this morning. I didn't say anything to Thomas, as I wanted him to feel special today and not have to worry about his pregnant girlfriend fighting with his unborn kid.

At 12am, we had planned to go out with the boys and their partners for a birthday lunch at one of Thomas's favorite restaurants. It was a fancier restaurant, so we had to make sure that we all looked a bit more formal then usual. I decided on a baby blue flowing dress, knowing that it was probably the only dress that would fit over my baby bump. Thomas wore black suit pants, and a baby blue shirt, just so he can match with me. We headed out the door, and made our way to the restaurant.

All throughout the drive baby Raggi was killing me from the inside, she definitely would become a soccer player if she kept up all the kicking, but I stayed silent, and made small conversation with Thomas, knowing that the restaurant was close to our house, and we didn't have much time to talk.

When we arrived, we found everyone was already there, and they all greeted us with cheers and hugs. The girls all came over to me after saying hello, and hugging Thomas, wanting to check on me and see how the baby was, while all the boys hugged me, and said hello to baby Raggi before walking over to Thomas. As soon as the girls put their hands on my stomach, their faces filled with pity, knowing that I was very clearly in pain from all the relentless kicking going on inside of me.

We all sat down after getting our greetings in, most of the attention being on Thomas, but I saw how the girls kept looking over at me, making sure that I was okay.

"So what did you get for your birthday so far, Thomas?" Vic asked, knowing that I had gotten Him a guitar wrapped in a lime green colour - something that he's always wanted but he could never find.

"Well, the most amazing woman, ended up getting me a lime green Gibson Les Paul guitar, and some of my favorite snacks." He smiled proudly.

"A Gibson Les Paul? Aren't those really expensive?" Damiano asks me.

"Yeah, but Thomas has always spoiled me, so I don't see any harm in returning the favor." I smirk at him as he touches his nose.

We all end up ordering our food, and making some more light hearted conversation, and the day is going pretty well, until I end up yelling at the fact that I think Thomas's kid just fractured my rib.

"You okay, baby?" He asks me, I try to answer, but the fact is that I'm in too much pain to do anything.

"Is she seriously kicking that hard?" Giorgia rushes out of her seat and kneels down beside my chair, putting her hand on my stomach, making sure that her suspicions are correct. "Thomas, I think you might need to take her to the hospital, that baby is kicking like mad, and I don't know if she'll stop anytime soon."

As soon as Giorgia suggests this, I snap out of my pain filled haze.

"No, don't be silly, I'm fine, she just kicked a bit to hard on that one."

"How long has she been kicking like this?" Thomas puts his hand on my stomach, and his eyes widen as he feels the baby kicking his hand.

"Since 3am." I say quietly.

"3am? Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you."

"I just didn't want to ruin your birthday, I'm sure she'll be okay soon, she just excited." I sigh.

"Y/n, I don't think Thomas would mind if you told him that, especially if you're in pain." Ethan furrows his eyebrows at me.

"I would never mind." Thomas says.

"Then I guess I should be honest, she's been kicking me relentlessly and I'm pretty sure that she fractured one of my ribs with that last kick."

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" Thomas asks, worry filling his face.

"If it's not too much to ask." His worried face turns into happiness as I finally accept the help that he's been offering for months.

"Right, sorry to cut this short, but I promise we'll do this again one day. Gotta get my lady to the hospital, here's some cash for our lunches, if one of you can just get it in a take out box, I'll fetch it later and we'll have it then."

"Go dude, I'll pay for your meals," Damiano says, waving us off, telling us to not worry about what would happen with our food.

Unfortunately, the rest of Thomas's birthday, was spent in the hospital, fortunately, he ended up getting a newborn as the result of the hospital visit.

"Hi baby, I'm your dad." I watched Thomas talk to the baby in our room, as he slowly picked her up from the crib they had brought her back in. "You've made today quite exciting for me, it's my birthday today, although you probably knew that, you were so excited for me that we had to let you into the world so we can all have a big party for your dad. I promise next year we'll party like there's no tomorrow."